- 3 hrs ago 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon To Be Called Moab In India
- 4 hrs ago 45 At An Auction And Everything Else — A List Of Motorcycles That Could Have Been
- 5 hrs ago Ducati Panigale V4 25 Anniversario 916 Launched In India — Priced At Rs 54.90 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago Ford Teams Up With Volkswagen For EVs By 2023 — Ford To Use VWs MEB Platform
- News 15 dead, 43 lakh people affected as Assam floods turns critical
- Finance June Trade Deficit Narrows To $15.28 Billion; Exports Fall
- Sports MS Dhoni could be axed from Team India if he doesn't retire; Virat Kohli's captaincy to be reviewed: Reports
- Movies Aditi Prabhudeva Says Her Hit Song Shane Top Agavle Represents Girl’s Point Of View
- Technology Realme X Review: New Benchmark To Beat In Sub 20K Price-Point
- Lifestyle Guru Purnima 2019: Messages And Quotes To Wish Your Guru
- Education ICAR AIEEA Result 2019 Likely To Be Released On This Date
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
The 2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 was launched in India on March 14th. The new TVS Apache RTR 160 features a lot of race-inspired elements. The motorcycle looks identical to the more powerful TVS Apache RTR 200 4V but features a different paint scheme.
The new Apache RTR 160 4V features quite a lot in the performance, style and safety departments. TVS claims that the motorcycle has been derived from their racing motorcycle, the RTR 165 Prototype, which has won six INMRC Championships. Here are the new TVS Apache RTR 160 V features you should know!
The new TVS Apache uses a patented Oil-Cooled Combustion Chamber (O3C) single-cylinder engine with ram-air assist. Ram-air assisthelps reduce engine heat by at least ten degrees at high revs. The ram-air intakes are placed in the tank shrouds. Fuel-Injection comes as an option.
The motorcycle has been brought to shape around a patented ‘Double Cradle Split Chrono Stiff Chassis' framework. TVS claims that the setup increases stability by 25% than before.
In addition to this, the new TVS Apache RTR 160 features a race-tuned Showa suspension. The monoshock has been properly set up by TVS to provide optimal damping, for both the track and for the street.
Digital Instrument Console
The 2018 Apache RTR 160 features a fully-digital instrument console. When the ignition is turned ON, the console displays a welcome message - ‘3 - 2 - 1 - GO - Race ON'. Other features include a lap timer, 0-60km/h timer and a speed recorder.
Being a track-oriented commuter, the TVS Apache RTR 160 4V can be opted with a set of Pirelli tyres. The 90/90 and 130/70 rubber are wrapped around 17-inch alloys.
The all-new Apache RTR 160 comes with a double-barrel exhaust like its elder sibling, the RTR 200. Double-barrel exhausts are aimed to improve exhaust flow. In addition to this, it helps give a unique exhaust note.
Other TVS Apache RTR 160 Features Worth Mentioning
The 2018 Apache RTR 160 also features some design elements such as an engine cowl, LED DRLs and taillight, and a blacked-out theme. There are also some checkered flag and red detailing at certain places. The motorcycle can be fitted with an optional 200mm rear disc, while a 270mm petal disc is present at the front.
Thoughts On The TVS Apache RTR 160 Top Features
The Apache RTR 160 has a sporty design along with some race-inspired features. However, the new TVS Apache RTR 160 doesn't get ABS, even as an option. Still, the new Apache RTR 160 is still the most track-focused motorcycle in its class with a good everyday-usability.
For more about the full-specifications and price, check out our First Look Review Of The TVS Apache RTR 160 4V.