- News Now junior doctors in Telangana warn of strike
- Technology Samsung Galaxy M40 Vs Other Budget Smartphones With 6GB RAM
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Virat Kohli confirms Bhuvneshwar ruled out of next 2-3 games due to hamstring niggle
- Lifestyle Shikha Talsania Gave Us Major Jewellery Goal With Her Latest Look
- Movies Sri Reddy Launches A Scathing Attack On This Star; Leaves Everyone Shocked!
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
TVS Motors' flagship motorcycle, the Apache RR310, has managed to sell more units than KTM's Duke and RC 390 combined. According to the sales figures from both companies, the TVS Apache RR310 alone sold 983 units in March 2018, while the combined sales of the two KTM 390 motorcycles was 716 units, in the same period.
The demand for the Apache RR310 is steadily increasing, even though the prices of the motorcycle were recently hiked. The motorcycle though still has a waiting period of over three months.
The TVS Apache now Costs Rs 2.23 lakh after the price hike, while the KTM Duke 390 and the RC390 are priced at Rs 2.29 lakh and Rs 2.36 lakh, respectively. All prices ex-showroom (Delhi).
The two KTMs are powered by the same, 373cc, single-cylinder engine, which is capable of producing 43bhp and 36Nm of torque. The engine on both motorcycles is further mated to a six-speed transmission.
On the other hand, the TVS Apache RR310 gets a BMW-Engineered 313cc, reverse-inclined, single-cylinder engine producing 34bhp and 28Nm of torque. This engine comes mated to a six-speed synchromesh gearbox.
The Apache RR310 is the first fully-faired motorcycle from TVS and shares its underpinnings with the BMW G310 R. The motorcycle gets Bi-LED projector headlamps with LED DRL, LED tail lights and a vertical-stacked fully digital instrument cluster.
The Apache offer dual-channel ABS system as standard, along with 300mm and 240mm front and rear discs from Kayaba. The suspension on the motorcycle is handled by inverted front forks and a mono-shock at the rear, also from Kayaba.
Thoughts On The TVS Apache RR310 Sales Figures
The Apache RR310 is TVS Motors' flagship motorcycle, which shares its technology with the BMW G310 R. The Apache RR310 is sold in just 51 dealerships across India, as compared to the dealership network of the KTM, which is almost six and a half times larger.