- 42 min ago Formula One Legend Niki Lauda Passes Away At 70
- 2 hrs ago Suzuki Confirms Gixxer 250 Naked Roadster Launch — Coming Diwali 2019
- 2 hrs ago Skoda Rapid To Feature New 1.0-Litre TSI Engine — Upgrading The Czechs
- 3 hrs ago New Hyundai Venue Compact-SUV Launched In India — Prices Start At Rs 6.50 Lakh
- Movies Kapil Sharma Mocks Bappi Lahiri; Calls him 'Maharani Of Jaipur'!
- News Men wearing Modi masks prepare 2,000 Kg Laddoos ahead of poll results
- Technology Infinix S4 launched in India with triple rear camera, 32MP front camera and more
- Sports World Cup prize money not too high than IPL
- Finance Reliance Beats IOC To Become India's Biggest Company In Revenue Terms
- Lifestyle Bhringraj Oil: Benefits For Hair & How To Use
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019: 92.47% Students Passed
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
2018 Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster launched in India. The new Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster is priced at Rs 11.12 lakh ex-showroom (India).
The price includes the recent 5 percent hike for Completely Knocked Down (CKD) bikes.
The Bonneville Speedmaster is based on the Triumph Bonneville Bobber, which was launched last year at Rs 9.56 lakh ex-showroom (India).
While the Bobber is oriented towards the urban environment, the Speedmaster is more of a traditional cruiser featuring curved handlebars and forward-set footpegs for a comfortable riding position.
Mechanically, the Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster shares the same engine with the Bonneville Bobber.
The 1,200cc parallel-twin engine delivers 76bhp @ 6,100rpm and 106Nm of torque @ 4,000rpm. The engine is mated to a 6-speed gearbox.
The Bonneville Speedmaster also shares its chassis, swingarm and suspension with the Bonneville Bobber.
The Speedmaster though, gets dual 310mm discs at the front along with two-piston Brembo calipers and the rear gets a single 255mm disc with a Nissin caliper.
The 2018 Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster features full LED headlamps, ride-by-wire, ABS, switchable traction control and engine immobiliser.
Other features include analogue speedometer with LCD Multi-info display, cruise control, two riding modes and torque assist clutch among others.
The new Triumph gets 16-inch spoke wheels on both ends along with Avon tyres: a 130/ 90 section at the front and a 150/ 80 section rear tyre.
Suspension duties are carried out by telescopic front forks and a rear mono-shock at the rear with adjustable preload.
The Bonneville Speedmaster features a 12-litre fuel tank for better range while touring long distances. Triumph claims that the new Bonneville Speedmaster delivers a claimed mileage of 27kpl.
The 2018 Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster rivals the likes of the Harley-Davidson Street Bob and the Indian Scout Sixty.
The Speedmaster offers over 100 custom accessories and a choice of two 'inspiration' kits: Maverick and Highway, along with a choice of add-ons like leather panniers, highway windscreen and a flat handlebar.
The Speedmaster will be available in three colours: Cranberry Red, Jet Black and Fusion Black with Phantom White, with hand-painted coach lines.
Mr Vimal Sumbly, Managing Director, Triumph Motorcycles India Pvt Ltd. commented, "Our goal is not just to dominate the market but to continue upgrading the entire biking experience in India. We will further strengthen this category over time, and continue to deliver THE RIDE that Triumph is known for."
DriveSpark's Thoughts About The 2018 Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster Launch In India
The Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster is positioned as an entry-level cruiser in the company's product lineup.
The Speedmaster is a well-packaged cruiser with a competitive price tag, making it one of the most-desirable premium cruisers in India.