- Kerala Floods 2018 — Facts & Precautions To Know While Driving Through The Flooding
- Driving Licence And RC In Digital Formats Valid — Transport Ministry Notifies The States And Police
- No Phone Calls While Driving For Bangalore Bus Drivers — BMTC Officials Pass New Instruction
- Porsche Centre Bengaluru Sells India’s First 911 GT2 RS – The Most Insane Modern Porsche 911
- Gujarat Might Follow ‘One Citizen, One Vehicle’ Rule Soon — Government Asks RTOs To Prepare Data
- Seven Days Jail Time For Drunken Driving: Goa Police Asks To Amend Motor Vehicles Act Accordingly
A traffic cop has fined his own son for riding a motorcycle without a helmet. According to reports from TOI, Ram Mehar Singh, a traffic police head constable in Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh issued a challan to his own son after he was seen riding a motorcycle without wearing a helmet.
The traffic police constable noticed his son riding a motorcycle without a helmet near the police lines gate and charged him with a fine of Rs 100, before letting him off.
On being asked about the incident, Ram Mehar Singh said that he didn't feel hesitant to stop his son. He further added that the SSP (Superintendent of Police) had instructed to take strict actions against violators and it would set a wrong example if he had let his son go without paying the fine. The cop also said that he warned his son to wear a helmet from the next time or risk his motorcycle being seized.
Traffic Police Inspector, Tej Pratap Singh mentioned that SSP Babloo Singh had instructed to observe zero tolerance against those who violate traffic rules.
He also mentioned that the police force is running various drives across the city, making sure residents do not break traffic rules. According to him, these drives are aimed to send out a clear message to everyone including government officials and other policemen that no one is above the law.
He further added that on Wednesday alone, they issued 58 challans and collected Rs 10,800 in fine, from violators who were mostly policemen or their family members.
Thoughts On The Traffic Cop Fining His Own Son
Even with strict traffic rules in place, there are still a number of people who try to get away by not following them. There are others who try to get away from paying fine by either bribing the policemen or calling a senior positioned police inspector to get them out.
Hence, it comes as refreshing news to know that there are many honest traffic cops who make sure that everyone follows the rules and apprehend traffic violators irrespective of who it is.