- 9 hrs ago Flash Electronics Files Suit Against Royal Enfield — Are The Good Times Over?
- 9 hrs ago Harley Davidson To Launch Sub-500cc Motorcycles Next Year — Are The Americans Up To It?
- 10 hrs ago Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross Set For 2020 India Launch
- 10 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Vs Ford EcoSport Vs Tata Nexon — Which Will Come Out On Top?
- News 'No cause for concern as exit polls only Nautanki': Sharad Pawar slams predictions
- Lifestyle Former Miss Worlds, Aishwarya & Priyanka Made A Strong Case For Dreamy White Gowns At Cannes 2019
- Movies Vivek Oberoi Says Aishwarya Rai & Salman Khan Have NO OBJECTIONS To His Tweet; INSULTS Sonam Kapoor
- Technology Everything you should know about Reliance Jio's VoWi-Fi plans
- Sports Teams will probably be most fearful of Australia, says Steve Waugh
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019 Will Be Declared Tomorrow At 11 AM
- Finance How To Choose Between Fixed And Floating Interest Rate On Home Loan?
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
The Honda Activa has regained the top spot for the best-selling two-wheelers in India for the month of April 2018. The Activa 5G reclaimed the spot from the Hero Splendor.
The top five spots on the best-selling two-wheeler table were filled up by Honda Activa, Hero Splendor, HF Deluxe, CB Shine and the Passion.
The two-wheeler market in India experienced a significant growth at the start of the new financial year.
The Honda Activa registered a growth of 64 percent in April 2018, compared to the previous month. Honda sold over 3.3 lakh units of the Activa during the month of April 2018.
However, Hero Splendor recorded just one percent increase in sales. Selling just a little over 2.66 lakh units, the Hero Splendor slipped to the second position in the table.
|1 ||Honda Activa||3,39,878|
|3||Hero HF Deluxe||1,72,340|
|4||Hero CB Shine||1,04,048|
|7||Bajaj Pulsar Series||67,712|
|8||TVS XL Super||67,708|
Honda's CLIQ and the Navi registered sales of 3748 and 75 units respectively. The CB Unicorn and the Hornet 160 also managed to make the top 25 list.
Hero's complete product line-up, except the Xtreme, HF Dawn and the Achiever featured in the top 25 sales list.
Suzuki sold 3,726 and 3,636 units of its 155cc offerings, the Intruder and Gixxer respectively. While its other offerings, the Let's and the Hayate sold just 849 and 658 units each.
Yamaha sold 2444, 3796 and 12,876 units of its scooters, the Alpha, SZ and the Ray offerings. The recently launched R3 sold 88 units, while the FZ25 fared better with 1908 units.
Bajaj recorded a growth of 26 percent. The company recorded sales of a little over two lakh units. The V12 and the V15 offerings from Bajaj recorded sales numbers of 321 and 4040 units respectively.
The Discover series fared well in sales with over 17,000 units. However, Bajaj's flagship motorcycle, the Dominar sold just a little over 1000 units.
Royal Enfield on the other hand, managed to sell 74,627 units. Most of these sales numbers came from its Classic 350 offering. The second best Royal Enfield was the Bullet 350 with 10,798 units. The Thunderbird 350 and 500, along with the Himalayan sold 3772, 409 and 1029 units respectively.
|11||Royal Enfield Classic 350 ||52,075|
|12||TVS Apache Series||43,383|
|13||Suzuki Access 125||43,354|
|17||Honda Dream Series||33,635|
|18||Honda CB Unicorn||30,561|
TVS Motors continues to perform well with its Jupiter and XL Super offerings. The recently launched NTorq 125 was also well received in April 2018. Other offerings such as the Scooty Zest, Pep+ and Wego registered 5564, 8918 and 2360 units of sales.
Among the motorcycles, the Victor and Star City sold 8864 and 13,866 units. The flagship TVS Motorcycle, the Apache RR310 managed to sell 862 units in April 2018.
Thoughts On The Top-Selling Bikes In India For April 2018
Honda recently introduced the Activa 5G in the market. The Activa, now in its fifth-generation has been one of the best selling two-wheelers in the Indian market since the start. Now, with the launch of the new generation Activa, Honda hopes to rake in the volume sales for the company.