- 20 hrs ago Bentley Book Costs More Than A Luxury House — Rs 1.80 Crore For A Book!
- 1 day ago Bajaj Auto Confirms November Launch For Husqvarna Twins — And So Our Watch Begins
- 1 day ago Bike Sales Report India For April 2019: Two-Wheeler Sales Slide By 16.3 Per Cent
- 1 day ago Benelli Imperiale 400 Spotted In India — Launching 2020
- Finance Markets To Jump Post Exit Poll Results
- Technology Best camera smartphones to buy right now under Rs. 20,000
- Lifestyle Huma Qureshi’s Cannes 2019 Red Carpet Gown Is Totally Surreal And Gives Waves Effect
- News This video of Differently-Abled man delivering food on Tricycle is winning hearts online
- Movies Dreams Do Come True! Hina Khan Poses With Priyanka Chopra & Nick Jones At Cannes Chopard Party!
- Sports AC Milan 2 Frosinone 0: Piatek and Suso keep top-four hopes intact
- Education WB Madhyamik Result 2019 Likely To Be Released on May 21
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
The Honda Activa had been at the top of the list for over two years. However, a decline in scooter sales in May, saw Hero Splendor overtaking the Activa. In May, scooters recorded a sales of 555,467 units after a 1.40 percent decline.
However, the overall two-wheeler sales increased by 9.19 percent to 1,850,093 units, during the same month.
The top five spots in the top-selling list were taken by Honda Activa, Hero Splendor, Hero HF Deluxe, Hero Passion and Honda CB Shine.
In June, the Hero Splendor maintained sales number of 278,169 units while the Honda Activa's sales increased to 292,294 units. Thus regaining the top spot in two-wheeler sales.
Hero HF Deluxe continued to remain in the third place. The motorcycle recorded sales of 182,883 units in the month of June 2018.
|Sl No||Models||Units Sold|
|1 ||Honda Activa||292,294|
|2 ||Hero Splendor||278,169|
|3 ||Hero HF deluxe||182,883|
|4 ||Hero Passion||97,715|
|5 ||Honda CB Shine||96,505|
|6 ||Bajaj Pulsar||71,593|
|7||TVS XL Super||66,791|
The Hero Passion came in at fourth spot. It overtook the Hero Glamour, by recording sales of 97,715 units.
Honda's CB Shine also moved up one place to the fifth spot, compared to the June 2017 rankings. It recorded sales of 96,505 units in June 2018. However, compared to the May 2018 rankings, the motorcycle lost one position from fourth.
The Bajaj Pulsar range made its entry into the top ten list in June 2018. The motorcycle registered 71,593 units of sales. The Bajaj Pulsar is ranked sixth among the top ten two-wheelers for the June 2018 sales.
The TVS XL Super is the only moped to feature in the top ten list. The XL Super recorded sales of 66,791 units and is placed seventh.
Bajaj's other offering the CT100 comes in at eighth position. The Bajaj CT 100 moved up one position compared to the May 2018 sales records. The motorcycle sold 66,314 units in June.
Hero Glamour dropped down from the fourth position in June 2017, to ninth in June 2018. The Glamour recorded sales of 63,417 units this month.
The tenth position was filled up by the TVS Jupiter. The scooter from TVS sold 59,729 units in June 2018, compared to 60,570 last year.
Thoughts On The Top-Selling Two-Wheelers In June 2018
The Honda Activa is back on the top spot of the most-selling two-wheelers in India. After an initial decline in sales, the most popular scooter has recorded the highest two-wheeler sales in the country.
Source: ET Auto