- 3 hrs ago Ducati Partners With North Star Automotive — Aiming Maximum Presence In India
- 4 hrs ago Kia Seltos Receives 6,046 Bookings On The First Day — Launch Scheduled In August
- 4 hrs ago BS-VI Petrol & Diesel Prices Will Increase Post April 2020 — Another Challenge For The Auto Sector!
- 5 hrs ago Lotus Evija Electric Hypercar Unveiled — Time Travel Is Almost Here!
- News Kulbhushan Jadhav verdict: India says stand validated, expect Pak to implement ICJ verdict
- Technology Xiaomi Mi A3 Launched – Triple Rear Cameras, Snapdragon 665 SoC And More
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Full Schedule, team-wise schedule, date and time, venues of PKL 2019
- Movies Veteran Bengali Actor Swarup Dutta Passes Away Due To Cardiac Arrest In Kolkata
- Lifestyle Teen Sells Bottled Bathwater to Men Online and It's A Runaway Success
- Finance What Are Dynamic Bond Funds?
- Education ICAI CPT June Result 2019 To Be Released On July 18
- Travel 5 Ideal Weekend Getaways in Chandigarh
MotoRoyale, the multi-brand superbike initiative of Kinetic Group is all set to introduce the SMW Motorcycles in the Indian market. Now, Autocar Professional reports that the first SWM bike, the SuperDual 600 will be launched in India by mid-2018.
The report also states that the upcoming SWM motorcycles are currently undergoing homologation and the company is planning to launch the bikes by the mid-2018. The SWM bikes will come to India via CKD (Completely Knocked Down) route and will be assembled by Kinetic Engineering.
The first product from SWM Motorcycles will be the SuperDual 600 middleweight bike with off-road capabilities. The motorcycle draws power from a 600cc single-cylinder, oil-cooled, fuel injected engine producing 54bhp and 53.5Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 6-speed gearbox.
The kerb weight of the SWM SuperDual stands at just 169kg and boasts a good power-to-weight ratio. The dual-purpose bike gets an 18-litre fuel tank for long rides. The SuperDual rides on 19-inch front and 17-inch rear wheel shod with Metzeler Tourance tyres.
The SWM SuperDual 600 is equipped with Fast Ace adjustable upside down front forks and Sachs adjustable monoshock suspension at the rear. Braking duties are handled by 300mm disc at the front and 220mm disc at the rear with dual-channel ABS as standard.
The SWM SuperDual also features a large windscreen, knuckle guards, saddle bag mounts and engine bash plate. With the growing culture of motorcycle touring, the SuperDual 600 could attract the Indian buyers if SWM manages to hit the sweet spot with the pricing.
DriveSpark's Thoughts On The SWM SuperDual 600
The SWM SuperDual 600 is a middleweight motorcycle with off-roading capabilities. The SuperDual 600 will rival the likes of Kawasaki Versys 650 and the Honda CBR 650. Expect the SWM SuperDual to be priced in the range of Rs 5 lakh to Rs 7 lakh ex-showroom.