TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
Japanese two-wheeler manufacturer Suzuki is all set to showcase its new products at the 2018 Auto Expo which is scheduled to take place in February 2018. Previously, Suzuki had revealed that the company would focus on premium products and introduce new products every year.
Now, Autocar India reports that Suzuki will showcase at least two new products for the Indian market at the 2018 Auto Expo, out of which one will be a scooter. There are no details available about the new scooter from the stable of Suzuki.
Currently, Suzuki's scooter lineup in India includes the 110cc Lets and the best-selling 125cc Access. The report states that the new scooter is expected to feature a 150cc engine, which will complete the scooter lineup of the Japanese company in the Indian market.
The report also states that the new scooter will be exciting and different from the currently sold models and will feature a new design to stand out from the crowd. Currently, the only player in the 150cc scooter segment is Piaggio, which retails the Aprilia SR 150 and Vespa.
The second product from Suzuki will be a Completely Knocked Down (CKD) motorcycle. It is expected to be Suzuki's first sub-1000cc motorcycle in the Indian market, and it could be the V-Strom 650 adventure motorcycle or the GSX-S750 naked motorcycle.
The Suzuki V-Strom 650 draws power from a 645cc V-twin engine producing 70bhp and 62Nm of torque. Powering the Suzuki GSX-S750 is a more powerful 749cc in-line four-cylinder engine producing 112bhp and 81Nm of torque.
When it comes to pricing, the Suzuki V-Strom 650 might be slightly expensive than the Kawasaki Versys 650, the only 650cc adventure motorcycle in the country. But, if Suzuki introduces the GSX-S750 in India, it could be priced lower than the Kawasaki Z900. Both the naked motorcycles offer a similar kind of performance, but Z900 misses out on traction control which is seen on the GSX-S750.
Suzuki is all set to reveal new products for the Indian market at the upcoming 2018 Auto Expo in February. The Japanese company is likely to unveil a 150cc performance scooter to rival the Aprilia SR 150. In the big bikes segment, the company is expected to introduce the V-Strom 650 or GSX-S750 in the country.