- 6 hrs ago Top-Selling Bikes In India For April 2019 — Hero MotoCorp Receives Stiff Competition From Honda
- 6 hrs ago Ducati Reveals Super Soco CUx Electric Scooter — A Piece Of MotoGP
- 6 hrs ago Royal Enfield 650 Twins Sales Figures Cross 2000 Units A Month
- 7 hrs ago Triumph To Manufacture Electric Motorcycles — Announces Project Triumph TE-1
- News Weather forecast today: Heavy downpour likely in Kerala as Southwest monsoon advances
- Technology ZTE launches super affordable ZTE Blade A5 2019 with an 8 MP selfie camera
- Sports England have no margin for error at World Cup, warns Stokes
- Lifestyle 10 Effective Home Remedies For Low Blood Pressure Hypotension
- Movies Harshad Chopda & Jennifer Winget Reveal Their Relationship Status & What they Hate About Each Other!
- Education TS Inter Re-verification Result 2019 Likely To Be Declared On May 27
- Finance Air India To Add Flights To Domestic And International Routes In June
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Intermot 2018: Japanese two-wheeler manufacturer Suzuki has revealed the new 2019 Katana at the 2018 Intermot motorcycle show. The 2019 Suzuki Katana pays tribute to the original motorcycle which was introduced in 1981.
The new Suzuki Katana is based on the frame of the Suzuki GSX-S1000 naked motorcycle. The overall design of the new 2019 Katana is similar to the Katana concept which was showcased in 2017. The bike features a simple and minimalistic design similar to the original Katana.
Up front, the new Suzuki Katana features a square LED headlamp, a quarter fairing which integrates with the muscular and chiselled fuel tank. The Suzuki branding on the fuel tank is identical to the original Katana which adds to the looks of the bike.
The 2019 Suzuki Katana gets a floating tail design and a short rear tyre hugger with registration number plate holder. The motorcycle also features an engine belly pan which adds to the modern look of the bike. The new Katana is equipped with a digital LCD instrument cluster which is borrowed from the Suzuki GSX-R1000R.
The 2019 Suzuki Katana draws power from a 999cc liquid-cooled, in-line four-cylinder engine that produces 148bhp and 108Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 6-speed gearbox assisted by a slipper clutch. The motorcycle also gets three-level traction control.
The 2019 Suzuki Katana is equipped with fully-adjustable KYB 43mm USD forks at the front and adjustable monoshock suspension at the rear. Braking duties are handled by disc brakes with Brembo radial callipers with dual-channel ABS.
Thoughts On The Suzuki Katana
Suzuki has finally revealed the new 2019 Katana which was one of the most anticipated motorcycles. The new Katana features a modern touch to the rather classic design of the original Katana. The new Suzuki Katana will go on sale in the European markets in 2019 and we can expect the new Katana to hit the Indian shores.