TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- India’s Crorepatis Have Increased By 60 Per Cent: CBDT
- How To Avail 20% Discount On iPhone XR Purchase
- Here's Why Manikgad Fort Near Mumbai Should Be Your Next Destination
- Homemade Aloe Vera Moisturiser For Oily Skin
- Radhika On #MeToo: I Love That This Movement Has Come Here!
- Hero Destini 125 First Ride Review — A Cost-Effective But Premium Scooter
- Deodhar Trophy: Chance For Ashwin, Rahane, Raina And Karthik To Remain In ODI Reckoning
- Rupee In Trouble With Year-end Forecast At 76.50 Per US Dollar
Intermot 2018: Japanese two-wheeler manufacturer Suzuki has revealed the new 2019 Katana at the 2018 Intermot motorcycle show. The 2019 Suzuki Katana pays tribute to the original motorcycle which was introduced in 1981.
The new Suzuki Katana is based on the frame of the Suzuki GSX-S1000 naked motorcycle. The overall design of the new 2019 Katana is similar to the Katana concept which was showcased in 2017. The bike features a simple and minimalistic design similar to the original Katana.
Up front, the new Suzuki Katana features a square LED headlamp, a quarter fairing which integrates with the muscular and chiselled fuel tank. The Suzuki branding on the fuel tank is identical to the original Katana which adds to the looks of the bike.
The 2019 Suzuki Katana gets a floating tail design and a short rear tyre hugger with registration number plate holder. The motorcycle also features an engine belly pan which adds to the modern look of the bike. The new Katana is equipped with a digital LCD instrument cluster which is borrowed from the Suzuki GSX-R1000R.
The 2019 Suzuki Katana draws power from a 999cc liquid-cooled, in-line four-cylinder engine that produces 148bhp and 108Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 6-speed gearbox assisted by a slipper clutch. The motorcycle also gets three-level traction control.
The 2019 Suzuki Katana is equipped with fully-adjustable KYB 43mm USD forks at the front and adjustable monoshock suspension at the rear. Braking duties are handled by disc brakes with Brembo radial callipers with dual-channel ABS.
Thoughts On The Suzuki Katana
Suzuki has finally revealed the new 2019 Katana which was one of the most anticipated motorcycles. The new Katana features a modern touch to the rather classic design of the original Katana. The new Suzuki Katana will go on sale in the European markets in 2019 and we can expect the new Katana to hit the Indian shores.