- 17 hrs ago Anand Mahindra Tweets About Creative Parking Space: Fashioned From A Plastic Overhead Water Tank
- 19 hrs ago Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 Modified: Rajputana Customs Have Outdone Themselves!
- 1 day ago Mahindra Stops Production of The Thar With The Special Edition Thar 700: A Tribute Video
- 1 day ago India To Receive Almost 50 New Vehicles By March 2020 — Here Is The list!
- Movies Bigg Boss Tamil 3 Elimination: Mohan Vaidya Gets Evicted In An Emotional Episode!
- News Chandrayaan-2 Launch: 'Baahubali' to carry India's second moon mission
- Sports Badminton Asia Junior Championships 2019: Maisnam Meiraba shines as India enter quarterfinals
- Technology Bluetooth Missing From Windows 10 Device Manager – Here’s The Fix
- Education SBI Clerk Mains Admit Card 2019 Next Week
- Lifestyle Meet The Indian Baba Who Has Not Washed His Hair For 40 Years
- Finance HDFC Bank Q1 Profit Jumps 21%; Announces Interim Dividend And Share Split
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
2018 Suzuki Katana Details: Suzuki Motorcycle will be launching the all-new version of the Katana superbike on October 2 at INTERMOT 2018. The Japanese motorcycle brand has released the third teaser video of the highly-anticipated motorcycle on YouTube.
The Suzuki Katana is a bike enthusiast's dream machine from the ‘80s. The late 20th century saw manufacturers launching a wide range of performance motorcycles that would become legends in the automotive world, soon after.
The original Suzuki GSX1100S Katana was first introduced in 1979 and was designed by German design house, Target Design. The Katana employs a semi-faired sport-tourer styling and there were 1100cc, 750cc, 650cc and 550cc models of it over the years; the first one being the most popular.
The Suzuki Katana 1100 is powered by a 1075cc air-cooled DOHC inline four-cylinder engine which makes 111bhp and 97.1Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 5-speed gearbox. Put together, the superbike had a top speed of just over 220km/h. In fact, it was once the fastest motorcycle on the planet.
The design of the ‘80s Katana was concentrated for high performance without compromising on its touring capabilities. The new 2018 version is expected to carry forward the same philosophy but in a much more modern and advanced package.
As mentioned before, Suzuki has released three teaser videos of the new Katana so far. Although the first two videos do not reveal much about the motorcycle, the third one shows a glimpse of the fuel tank. The tank looks similar to that of a GSX-S1000F-based concept shown at EICMA 2017.
Before the teasers came out, some documents from the US Patent and Trademark Office were leaked. It revealed that Suzuki had filed an application for the ‘Katana' nameplate along with the iconic Japanese sword logo.
Rumours also suggest that the 2018 Suzuki Katana will be turbocharged while some others say that it will have GSX700T tag; ‘T' standing for turbocharged. If that is indeed the case, the new Katana will be one of the first mass-produced turbocharged motorcycles in the world.
Once launched, the new Suzuki Katana will showcase a fierce rivalry to the proven Kawasaki Ninja H2 — a supercharged motorcycle.
Thoughts On The New Suzuki Katana
According to many purists and motorcycle enthusiasts, the 1980s witnessed the best of two-wheeler engineering and the Suzuki Katana was one of them. It was also the time when four-stroke engines slowly started replacing two-strokes. The new Katana has got high hopes from fans all over the world and we are sure that Suzuki won't disappoint at all.
Finally, the legend will be reborn!