- 3 hrs ago 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon To Be Called Moab In India
- 4 hrs ago 45 At An Auction And Everything Else — A List Of Motorcycles That Could Have Been
- 5 hrs ago Ducati Panigale V4 25 Anniversario 916 Launched In India — Priced At Rs 54.90 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago Ford Teams Up With Volkswagen For EVs By 2023 — Ford To Use VWs MEB Platform
- News 15 dead, 43 lakh people affected as Assam floods turns critical
- Finance June Trade Deficit Narrows To $15.28 Billion; Exports Fall
- Sports MS Dhoni could be axed from Team India if he doesn't retire; Virat Kohli's captaincy to be reviewed: Reports
- Movies Aditi Prabhudeva Says Her Hit Song Shane Top Agavle Represents Girl’s Point Of View
- Technology Realme X Review: New Benchmark To Beat In Sub 20K Price-Point
- Lifestyle Guru Purnima 2019: Messages And Quotes To Wish Your Guru
- Education ICAR AIEEA Result 2019 Likely To Be Released On This Date
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
The Suzuki Gixxer 150 is one of the best-selling 150cc bikes in the Indian market. But the Japanese two-wheeler maker does not offer any higher capacity bikes in the entry-level segment. Now, Autocar India reports that Suzuki will launch the Gixxer 250 in the country in 2019.
The report states that Suzuki could go with the Gixxer moniker for the new 250cc bike and it will be an ideal upgrade for the existing Gixxer 150 owners. Initially, Suzuki will introduce the naked version of the Gixxer 250 with an affordable price and later the company might also introduce a faired version of the Gixxer 250.
The new Suzuki Gixxer 250 is expected to feature a muscular styling similar to the GSX-S750 and the GSX-S1000. But if Suzuki is developing a bike especially for the Indian market, then the Gixxer 250 might feature unique design elements.
The Suzuki Gixxer 250 is likley to draw power from a 250cc engine with oil-cooling to keep the costs down. The power output of the engine is expected to be around 22 to 25bhp. The bike is expected to get a 6-speed gearbox. The Gixxer 250 could be branded as an entry-level touring motorcycle.
The Suzuki Gixxer 250 is likely to be underpinned by the same frame as the Gixxer 150. But Suzuki will strengthen and tweak the frame to accommodate the bigger 250cc engine. The motorcycle will be equipped with telescopic forks up front and monoshock suspension at the rear.
The braking duties of the Suzuki Gixxer 250 will be handled by disc brakes at both the ends and might get dual-channel ABS as a standard feature. But if Suzuki wants to cut down the costs for an aggressive pricing, the Gixxer 250 will do with just single-channel ABS.
Thoughts On The Suzuki Gixxer 250
The Suzuki Gixxer 150 has been a successful product for the Japanese company and now it is looking to build on that name with the introduction of a 250cc bike. The Gixxer 250cc could be an ideal bike for the Indian market where the performance bike segment is booming at a rapid rate. We expect the Suzuki Gixxer 250 to be priced around Rs 1.5 lakh ex-showroom. The Suzuki Gixxer 250 will rival the likes of Yamaha FZ25.