TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Election results 2018 Updates: Congress Workers Gather Outside T S Singh Deo's Residence In Raipur
- Diesel Now Sells At Its Lowest Price
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Live Updates
- Honor Day Sale 13th to 16th December: Heavy Discounts On Smartphones
- Yamaha Adventure Bike In India: Spy Pics Of Yamaha XTZ 125 Raise Expectations
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- Dia Mirza Looks Drop-dead Gorgeous In Her Golden Attire At Isha Ambani’s Reception
- Priyanka Chopra And Nick Jonas To Go To Switzerland For Their Honeymoon?
The Suzuki Gixxer 150 is one of the best-selling 150cc bikes in the Indian market. But the Japanese two-wheeler maker does not offer any higher capacity bikes in the entry-level segment. Now, Autocar India reports that Suzuki will launch the Gixxer 250 in the country in 2019.
The report states that Suzuki could go with the Gixxer moniker for the new 250cc bike and it will be an ideal upgrade for the existing Gixxer 150 owners. Initially, Suzuki will introduce the naked version of the Gixxer 250 with an affordable price and later the company might also introduce a faired version of the Gixxer 250.
The new Suzuki Gixxer 250 is expected to feature a muscular styling similar to the GSX-S750 and the GSX-S1000. But if Suzuki is developing a bike especially for the Indian market, then the Gixxer 250 might feature unique design elements.
The Suzuki Gixxer 250 is likley to draw power from a 250cc engine with oil-cooling to keep the costs down. The power output of the engine is expected to be around 22 to 25bhp. The bike is expected to get a 6-speed gearbox. The Gixxer 250 could be branded as an entry-level touring motorcycle.
The Suzuki Gixxer 250 is likely to be underpinned by the same frame as the Gixxer 150. But Suzuki will strengthen and tweak the frame to accommodate the bigger 250cc engine. The motorcycle will be equipped with telescopic forks up front and monoshock suspension at the rear.
The braking duties of the Suzuki Gixxer 250 will be handled by disc brakes at both the ends and might get dual-channel ABS as a standard feature. But if Suzuki wants to cut down the costs for an aggressive pricing, the Gixxer 250 will do with just single-channel ABS.
Thoughts On The Suzuki Gixxer 250
The Suzuki Gixxer 150 has been a successful product for the Japanese company and now it is looking to build on that name with the introduction of a 250cc bike. The Gixxer 250cc could be an ideal bike for the Indian market where the performance bike segment is booming at a rapid rate. We expect the Suzuki Gixxer 250 to be priced around Rs 1.5 lakh ex-showroom. The Suzuki Gixxer 250 will rival the likes of Yamaha FZ25.