- 8 hrs ago High Note Performance To Import S&S Exhausts For Royal Enfield 650 Twins
- 8 hrs ago Mahindra Launches All New Bolero Camper Gold ZX — Still Trying To Be A Truck
- 9 hrs ago Isuzu V Cross Facelift Features 20 New Upgrades — Updates, Upgrades, And Prices
- 9 hrs ago Kawasaki Z250 Discontinued — Officially Removed From Company Website
- News International Yoga Day 2019: Ranchi decked up, Modi to perform Asanas with 35,000 people
- Sports 23-member squad for Junior Asian Championship announced
- Movies Kabir Singh Movie Review: Live Audience Reaction - Netizens HAIL Shahid Kapoor
- Finance NCLT Admits Insolvency Plea Against Jet Airways
- Lifestyle International Day Of Yoga 2019: 10 Yoga Poses To Get Rid Of Belly Fat
- Technology Infinix Hot7Pro Up For Sale With Launch Offer – All You Need To Know
- Education CHSE Result 2019: Steps To Check Odisha +2 Result For Arts And Commerce Streams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
The Suzuki GSX-S750 and GSX-R1000R have been recalled in the Indian market. The recall has been issued due to the faulty O-ring in the fuel pump. Suzuki has also recalled the GSX-S750, GSX-R1000R and V-Strom 650 XT in the global markets due to the same issue. The Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT is not affected by this recall in the Indian market.
Suzuki has stated that the designs of the fuel pump O-ring and fuel tank's inner vessel were faulty. This resulted in the fuel pump O-ring getting twisted and that leads to fuel leak. Suzuki will fix this issue by installing a new O-ring that has round cross-section as compared to the D-shape cross-section design of the faulty O-ring.
The owners of Suzuki GSX-S750 and GSX-R1000R will be notified by the dealerships and the faulty O-ring will be replaced free of cost. In the US market, Suzuki has recalled 6,928 units as per the documents filed with the NHTSA. But there is no information regarding how many units are affected in India.
A statement from Suzuki Motorcycle India read, "Globally, Suzuki Motor Corporation has issued a recall for the GSX-S750, GSX-R1000R and V-Strom 650 motorcycle models due to issues reported in sealing design on the fuel pump O ring set."
The statement further read, "The safety and well-being of our customers are of paramount importance. Hence as a precautionary measure, Suzuki Motorcycle India is replacing the ring set on the existing models of GSX-S750 and GSX-R1000R with an improved design, without any cost to the customer."
The Suzuki GSX-S750 was launched in India earlier this year and the motorcycle is priced at Rs 7.45 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi). On the other hand, this is the second recall for the GSX-R1000R in 2018. Previously, the bike was recalled in the US due to an issue with the engine control module (ECM).
Thoughts On The Suzuki GSX-S750 And GSX-R1000R Recall
Suzuki has issued a recall for the GSX-S750 and GSX-R1000R due to a faulty component in the fuel pump. The issue with the O-ring will result in leakage of fuel and it could lead to major consequences. Suzuki has stated that the safety of the customers is paramount and as a safety measure, the bikes are recalled in the country.