- 1 hr ago BMW Unveils Its Vision M NEXT Electric Sports Car — A Glimpse Into The Future Of BMW
- 3 hrs ago Kawasaki Ninja 300 Sales Going Strong; Matches That Of TVS Apache RR 310 — Here’s Why
- 3 hrs ago Bajaj TVS And Hero MotoCorp Against 100 Percent Electrification
- 4 hrs ago BMW Reveals All Electric Car Power BEV At NEXTGen — Built On The 5 Series Platform
- News PM Modi tears into Congress, says ‘People outside the family don’t get recognition’
- Movies Payal Rajput Takes Shocking Decision Due To Anushka Shetty Mania? Deets Inside!
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: New Zealand v Pakistan: Sarfraz's side out to keep semi-final chances alive
- Lifestyle Raw Bananas: Nutritional Health Benefits, Risks, & Recipes
- Finance SpiceJet Announces 8 New Daily International Flights
- Technology Drone Flying Laws Of Five Important Countries — Everything You Need To Know
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS World University Rankings 2020
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Suzuki India launched the 2017 version of the GSX-R series in India, back in May 2018. The GSX-R series was initially offered in two variants: GSX-R1000 and flagship GSX-R1000R. Suzuki has now removed the GSX-R1000 variant from their official website. Leaving customers with just the GSX-R1000R variant.
Suzuki had recently priced the GSX-R1000 at Rs 19 lakh. While the ‘R' version came in at Rs 22 lakh. However, after a price cut of Rs 2.19 lakh, the GSX-R1000R now retails at Rs 19.81 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The GSX-R1000R is powered by a 998.8cc, liquid-cooled, in-line four-cylinder engine. It produces 199.3bhp and 117.5Nm of peak torque. The engine is further mated to a six-speed gearbox with slipper-clutch as standard.
The Suzuki GSX-R1000R is the first superbike to features a Variable Valve Timing (VVT) designed in-house by the Japanese automaker. The VVT technology offers better performance both in the mid-range ad the top-end of the power band.
The suspension on the litre-class motorcycle is handled by Showa's balance free forks and cushion monoshock at the front and rear, respectively. Braking force comes through Brembo's four-piston dual 320mm disc at the front and Nissin's single-piston 220mm disc at the rear.
Feature-wise, the Suzuki GSX-R1000R comes with a host of equipmentand electronic rider aids. These include three riding modes, six-axis inertial measurement unit, ten-level traction control, banking-sensitive ABS, launch control and a bi-directional quick-shifter.
Thoughts On The Suzuki GSX-R1000
The Suzuki GSX-R1000 has silently been removed from their official Indian website. Suzuki has not announced the reason. The Suzuki GSX-R1000Ris now the only available option in the GSX-R series. The motorcycle takes on the likes of the Kawasaki ZX-10RR, Honda CBR1000RR, Aprilia RSV4-RF, BMW S1000RR Pro and the Ducati Panigale V4 S.