- 1 hr ago Electric Vehicle GST To Be Reduced Soon — Government To Offer Other Tax Benefits As Well
- 1 day ago Anand Mahindra Tweets About Creative Parking Space: Fashioned From A Plastic Overhead Water Tank
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 Modified: Rajputana Customs Have Outdone Themselves!
- 1 day ago Mahindra Stops Production of The Thar With The Special Edition Thar 700: A Tribute Video
- Technology Vivo Stops Production of Vivo V15 and Vivo V15 Pro in Indian Market
- Finance ITR Filing Simplified: Relief In LTCG Reporting
- News Shashi Tharoor slams Trump over attack on Hindu priest near a temple in US
- Movies Taapsee Pannu THRASHES Kangana Ranaut Left & Right; Takes A Dig At Shahid Kapoor & Vijay Deverakonda
- Sports TNPL 2019: Kovai Kings vs Kanchi Veerans: Mukund powers Kings to big win
- Lifestyle What Is Emotional Intelligence? 15 Ways To Improve It
- Education SBI Clerk Mains Admit Card 2019 Next Week
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
The 2018 edition of the Gixxer Cup racing championship will commence on 5th July at Kari Motor Speedway, Coimbatore. Introduced in 2015, Suzuki Gixxer Cup is a platform for budding motorcycle racers from across the country to hone their riding skills.
Gixxer Cup is conducted with the support of FIM (Fédération Internationale de Motocyclisme) and FMSCI (Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India) in association with JK Tyre Motorsports. The selection process for this season was conducted on 2nd July 2018, at Kari Motor Speedway itself.
Know more about the road-going Suzuki Gixxer SF – here!
As earlier, the participants will compete in two major categories:
- JK Tyre Suzuki Gixxer Cup – For riders aged 17 or above
- Red Bull Road To Rookies Cup – For riders aged between 12 and 16
22 riders will be selected for the Gixxer Cup while 12 compete in the Rookies Cup. The selected candidates will attend a 3-day technical training session at Kari Motor Speedway, after which they will apply for FMSCI 2W Licence.
Further theoretical and practical sessions will follow under the guidance of experts. The tests are aimed to familiarise the candidates with the motorcycles.
The schedule for Gixxer Cup 2018 is as follows:
- Round 1 – July 05 – July 08
- Round 2 – August 30 – September 02
- Round 3 – October 11 – October 14
- Round 4 – November 15 – November 18
The first three rounds will be conducted at Kari Motor Speedway while the final round will take place at Buddh International Circuit, Greater Noida.
Speaking about this year's Gixxer Cup season, Executive Vice President at SMIPL, Mr Sajeev Rajasekharan said, "Over the last 3 seasons, Gixxer Cup has evolved into a sought-after platform for the budding racers in India, and a racing championship that motorsports-enthusiasts all over the country look forward to. Laying the foundations for Suzuki's global racing heritage in India, the Suzuki Gixxer Cup brings class-leading motorcycle-racing infrastructure to the local talent by providing theman affordable platform at a fraction of a cost. The Gixxer Cup also showcases the real potential of the Gixxer SF motorcycles. We look forward to yet another thrilling-season, and wish the riders all the very best for the upcoming season."
Thoughts On The 2018-Edition Of Gixxer Cup
Motorsport events have been recently getting much better popularity in India thanks to automotive brands and organisations. Events such as Gixxer Cup can also help skilled riders from the country to showcase their talent in international competitions. We hope more such opportunities arise for those who are looking forward to entering motorsports.
Also Read: Indian National Motorcycle Racing Championship – Round 1