- 1 hr ago Hyundai Could Offer The Verna & Elite i20 With A New Engine — Part Of Upcoming BS-VI Plans
- 2 hrs ago Tata Motors Discontinue Certain Variants Of Safari, Zest And Bolt Models In India
- 1 day ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 1 day ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- Lifestyle When Tinsel Town Divas Made White-hued Outfits Trendy At Cannes 2019
- Movies Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka 2 Spoiler: New Twists In Mishaan's Love Story; Veer Gets Hint About Them!
- News Lok Sabha poll results create vacancies in UP Cabinet, first reshuffle likely soon
- Finance Education Loan Market Shrinks 25% In Four Years: Report
- Technology OnePlus 7 Pro new OxygenOS update improves system and camera performance
- Education MBOSE Result 2019: Direct Link To Check SSLC & HSSLC Result 2019
- Sports Sachin Tendulkar passes his father's words of wisdom to son, advises Arjun Tendulkar to never take shortcuts
- Travel Karighatta Hill: Abode Of Tranquility And Adventure
The Suzuki Gixxer has been one of the best-selling motorcycles in the 150-160cc segment in the Indian market. Now, BikeAdvice has spotted the Suzuki Gixxer ABS ahead of its launch. The report also states that the Suzuki Gixxer ABS will be the cheapest ABS-equipped bike in India.
Suzuki is all set to introduce the Gixxer ABS India and it will be the second motorcycle in its segment to offer ABS after the Honda CB Hornet 160R. Suzuki might launch the Gixxer ABS by the end of May 2018. The images suggest that the ABS unit will be similar to the Gixxer SF.
The Suzuki Gixxer will be equipped with single-channel ABS on the front wheel. The same setup is also available on the Suzuki Intruder 155. The Gixxer standard model features a drum brake at the rear and the rear disc brake variant is also available as an option.
Currently, the standard variant of the Suzuki Gixxer carries a price tag of Rs 77,015 and the rear disc variant is priced at Rs 80,929. Both prices are ex-showroom (Delhi). The Suzuki Gixxer ABS model is expected to be dearer by around Rs 7,000 than the rear disc brake model.
On the design front, the new Suzuki Gixxer ABS will be identical to the currently sold model except for the ABS stickering on the front mudguard. To keep the costs down, Suzuki is likely to offer the Gixxer ABS with the carburettor setup. However, the Gixxer SF ABS and the Intruder ABS comes with fuel injection.
The Suzuki Gixxer ABS will draw power from the same 154.9 cc single-cylinder, air-cooled engine producing 14.5bhp and 14Nm of peak torque. The engine is paired to a 5-speed gearbox. The power output will also remain the same on the ABS version of the Suzuki Gixxer.
ABS is an important safety feature in any two-wheeler. As per new regulations, all the two-wheeler above 125cc should be equipped with at least single-channel ABS. The two-wheelers below 125cc are required to have CBS. The existing models should comply with the new rule in 2019.
Thoughts On The Suzuki Gixxer ABS
The Suzuki Gixxer is a sporty motorcycle in the popular 150-160cc segment and has been the best-selling bike for Suzuki. Now, Suzuki is all set to introduce the safety net of ABS on the Gixxer.
When launched in India, the Suzuki Gixxer ABS will rival the likes of Bajaj Pulsar NS160 and the TVS Apache RTR160 4V.