TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Jammu & Kashmir: IED Blast Leaves An Army Officer Dead In Rajouri
- Saina And Saurabh Emerge Champions In The National Badminton
- Xiaomi Mi 9 Is The Most Powerful Android Smartphone In The World
- CBDT Notifies Deadline For Mandatory Aadhaar Linking To File Tax Returns
- Tesla Sentry Mode — The Guardian Angel Of Your Tesla
- Jageshwar — The Himalayan Town With 100 Ancient Temples
- Anushka Sharma Opens Up About Catfights In Bollywood
- Ever Faced Emotional Abuse As A Child?
The Gixxer model has a starting price of Rs 77,015 for the rear drum brakes variant, while the rear disc brakes variant is priced at Rs 80,928. The prices on the new models with the ABS will see an increase in price by Rs 6,000 to Rs 8,000.
The new Gixxer will feature a single-channel ABS at the front wheels, similar to that on the Suzuki Intruder 150. Apart from the additional ABS feature, the Gixxer will not feature any cosmetic or mechanical changes.
The Gixxer gets a 155cc single-cylinder, air-cooled engine with Suzuki's Eco Performance Technology (EPT). This engine produces 14.2bhp along with 14Nm of torque, mated to a six-speed gearbox. The suspension is handled by telescopic forks at the front and a seven-step adjustable mono-shock at the rear.
The Suzuki Gixxer is available in a range of three colour options: Metallic Triton Blue, Glass Sparkle Black and another dual-tone option of Candy Sonoma Red with Metallic Sonic Silver.
Features on the 2018 Suzuki Gixxer include sporty graphics on the fuel tank, LED tail lamps and a smart fully-digital instrument cluster with Gear Position Indicator, RPM Indicator, Gear Shift Indicator and LCD Trip Meter.
The Gixxer is also available in a full-faired version named, the Gixxer SF. This model also receives the same engine as on its naked motorcycle version. The ABS version of the Suzuki Gixxer SF is priced slightly higher at Rs 90,368, ex-showroom (Delhi).
Thoughts On The Suzuki Gixxer ABS
The Suzuki Gixxer will take on rivals such as the Honda CB Hornet 160R, Yamaha FZ-S Fi, Bajaj Pulsar NS160 and the TVS Apache RTR1604V.