- 2 hrs ago Odd-Even Rule Returns To Delhi In November: We Have All The Details
- 3 hrs ago TVS Riding Gear & Causal Apparel Launched In India: We Have All The Details
- 6 hrs ago Mahindra XUV500 BS-VI Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch Next Year: Spy Pics & Details
- 8 hrs ago KTM Duke 250 Finance Options On Offer: Low Interest Rate & Exchange Bonus Offered Across India
- Movies Bigg Boss 13 Day 19 LIVE Update: Boys Get A Chance To Protect Themselves From Getting Nominated
- Technology ZTE Blade A7s, ZTE Blade 20 Smart Xiaoxin Edition Unveiled: Price, Specs And More
- News Appeal to Imran Khan to withdraw fee of Rs 1,400 from Kartarpur pilgrims: Punjab CM
- Sports India Vs South Africa: Local boy Shahbaz Nadeem replaces injured Kuldeep Yadav for Ranchi Test
- Lifestyle Diwali 2019: What Are Green Crackers And Why You Should Be Using Them
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
- Travel Simple Tips & Tricks For Booking Cheap Flight Tickets In India
- Finance Rules On Vehicle Insurance Claims On Driving Under The Influence Of Alcohol
The new Suzuki Gixxer 250 to launch at a price of Rs 1.75 lakh ex-showroom? Well, that is what the latest Suzuki Gixxer 250 news claims. The 250cc Suzuki Gixxer model is awaited by many in India, and as of now, nobody knows how it even looks like (the pictures shown here are that of the Suzuki GSX-S300).
Still, BikeAdvice shares that the new Gixxer 250 will be unveiled in January 2019 at a dealer-level event, while the launch is slated for March 2019. Do keep in mind that the India-spec Suzuki Gixxer 250 is not to be confused with the twin-cylinder GSX-250R sold in global markets.
The new Gixxer 250 siblings in India will follow the same Suzuki design language as the other models from the Japanese motorcycle brand. To give a rough idea, it will look sharper than the 150cc models, but a lot tamed compared to the high-performance models up on the portfolio.
Much like the current Gixxer models, the 250cc Gixxer will come in two variants: naked and SF (faired). In fact, a good majority is waiting for the Suzuki Gixxer 250 SF; a strong rival to the ageing Honda CBR250R. The KTM Duke 250, on the other hand, might be the better performer.
Some reports suggest that the engine of the Suzuki Gixxer 250 will be a new 248cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder unit. Output figures should be close to 25bhp and 23Nm of torque. The transmission is a six-speed unit, and slipper clutch 'might not' be on offer, considering the pricing.
However, features such as an improved digital instrument console, dual-channel ABS and an LED headlamp cluster can be expected. The latest safety norms mandate ABS on all 125cc-and-above motorcycles — check out the full list of ABS bikes in India.
Thoughts On The New Suzuki Gixxer 250
The Suzuki Gixxer 150 siblings are quite successful in the Indian market, with their decent performance and good mileage. Meanwhile, the Gixxer SF has always been criticised for its extra bulk for the relatively-low engine size. The Suzuki Gixxer 250 might make up for this and have the looks for what it gives.
Image Source: Motorcycle.com