- 9 min ago Tata Elxsi To Supply China With Autosar-Adaptive Platform
- 18 min ago Hyundai Confirms Diesel Engine Upgradation to BS-VI Norms — Will Not Discontinue Diesel Engines
- 1 hr ago Hyundai Kona Electric Launching On 9 July — The Koreans Are Leading The Electric Revolution
- 2 hrs ago New Kia SUV (SP2i) Interior Design Sketches Officially Revealed — Launch Expected Soon
- Sports Jasprit Bumrah among Brett Lee's top three World Cup quicks
- Finance 10 Nifty Stocks That Hit 52-Week Highs Today
- Technology Fujifilm launches GFX100 game-changing Mirrorless Camera
- Movies Sudeep Reveals Another Important Detail About Pailwaan! Kiccha's All Praise For This Character
- News In first polls without Jaya-Karunanidhi, DMK stages a massive comeback
- Education SBI Clerk Admit Card 2019 Will Be Released On This Date
- Lifestyle 18 Effective Home Remedies For Asthma
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Internationally, Suzuki sells the GSX-250R, however, this will not be the model to go on sale in India. The Indian-spec 250cc motorcycle will be similar to the current Gixxer 150 model available in the market.
The Indian-spec model will also miss out on the twin-cylinder engine, seen on the GSX-250R. Instead, the Gixxer 250 will feature a liquid-cooled single-cylinder engine. Exact power figures are yet to be announced.
Similar to its smaller 150cc sibling, the Suzuki Gixxer 250 is expected to be offered in both; naked and fully-faired (SF) variants.
In terms of design as well, the Suzuki Gixxer 250 will borrow certain elements from the 150cc model. However, it will come with certain additional features, to help differentiate between them. These additional features might include inverted forks, front and rear discs brakes and a dual-channel ABS as standard.
Currently, very little details of the upcoming Suzuki Gixxer 250 has been revealed. More information regarding the upcoming Gixxer 250 motorcycle will be available, closer to its introduction to the market.
Suzuki Motorcycles currently sells the Gixxer and Gixxer SF 155cc models in India. Both variants are powered by a 155cc air-cooled single-cylinder engine. It produces 14.5bhp and 14Nm of torque and is mated to a five-speed manual gearbox.
Thoughts On The Suzuki Gixxer 250
The sub-300cc motorcycle segment is comprised of many products, offering stiff competition. The Suzuki Gixxer 250 once launched will directly take on rivals such as the Yamaha FZ25. Other competitors also include the TVS Apache RTR200, Bajaj Pulsar 200 and the KTM Duke 250.