TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Apple iPhone XR Available Via Airtel Online Store Starting At Rs 14,999 EMI
- The Beautiful Tringalwadi Fort Is A Perfect Escape From Nashik!
- What Causes Anencephaly And What Are Its Symptoms?
- Nana Patekar: I Am Being Mentally Harassed By Tanushree Dutta, My Name Has Sufferd Incomparable Loss
- New Maruti WagonR Production Begins In India — Launch Soon
- India Vs West Indies: Virat Kohli In Line To Break These ODI Records
- 6 Pension Payment Related Bank Norms That Government Employees Should Know
Scomadi, a British scooter manufacturing company is all set to enter the Indian market. Yes, Autocar India reports that Scomadi has partnered with an Indian firm to retail its scooters in the country.
Scomadi was established in 2005 and the company is a partnership between Frank Sanderson of Scooter Innovation and Paul Melici of PM Tuning. Both the firms have over 60 years of experience in the scooter industry. Scomadi currently has a dealership network in UK, Europe, Oceania and Asia.
In India, Scomadi has partnered with AJ Performance to retail scooters in the country. AJ Performance is a Pune-based company which deals with imported cars and performance parts. The report also states that the first product from Scomadi will be a 125cc scooter.
Scomadi TT125 will be the first product from the British company in the Indian market. The scooters will come to India via CBU (Completely Built Unit) route from Thailand, where Scomadi manufactures its scooters.
The Scomadi TT125 draws power from a 124.6cc single-cylinder, 2-valve engine sourced from Aprilia in Italy. The engine gets fuel injection from Delphi and produces 11bhp. With an optional remap and upgraded exhaust system, the power output will increase to a claimed 15bhp.
The Scomadi TT125 is equipped with double hydraulic preload adjustable shock absorbers with coil springs at the front and coil spring with adjustable preload up to four pistons at the rear. The scooter rides on 12-inch alloy wheels shod with Pirelli tubeless tyres.
Other prominent features of the Scomadi TT125 include 220mm disc at the front and 200mm disc at the rear with dual-channel ABS. The kerb weight of the scooter stands at 100kg and gets a fuel tank capacity of 11-litres. Scomadi will also offer customisation options such as paint jobs and accessories such as windscreen and crash guards.
Thoughts On The Scomadi Scooters Entering India
Scomadi is a British scooter company known for its classic-style scooters. Similar to Vespa, the Scomadi scooters feature a modern-classic styling. The Scomadi TT125 might be priced around Rs 1.98 lakh ex-showroom (Pune). By analysing the demand, Scomadi will launch the more powerful TT200 in India.