- 6 hrs ago Steelbird Tyres Launches Puncture RSA Across India – Fix Your Flat With Ease
- 7 hrs ago India Proposes Electrifying All Two Wheelers Within 6 And 8 Years
- 8 hrs ago Mahindra Stops Production Of TUV300 Automatic — Five Speed Manual Option Only
- 9 hrs ago Suzuki To Stop Manufacturing Commuter Motorcycles – Will Cater To Performance Segment Only
- Lifestyle Rakulpreet's Latest Attire For A Movie Promotion Deserves All Your Attention
- News The Congress scored a 0 in these 16 states/UTs
- Sports Neymar, Mbappe could leave PSG, hints Tuchel
- Movies When Prabhas Talked About Anushka Shetty’s Star Power Even Before Baahubali!
- Technology Redmi K20 series price leaks ahead of launch
- Finance Sensex At 45,000, Nifty At 13,500 By June 2020 On Modi's Return: Morgan Stanley
- Education SSLC Revaluation Result Kerala 2019: Direct Link To Check Result
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Royal Enfield has introduced the Thunderbird 500X ABS model in the Indian market. The new Thunderbird 500X ABS has been priced at Rs 2.60 lakh, on-road (Mumbai).
The bookings for the Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500X is now open across all the dealerships. Customers can now book the 500X with an amount of Rs 5,000. If they want to cancel the booking, the entire money is refundable.
The overall design of the Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500X ABS remain unchanged, the only new feature that has been added is the dual channel ABS. By doing so, the braking performance of the motorcycle has improved and now the rider can ride with a lot of confidence.
Powering the Thunderbird 500X is the same tried and tested 499cc air-cooled single-cylinder engine. The engine makes 27bhp of power and 41 Nm of peak torque. The engine comes mated to a five-speed gearbox.
The Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500X ABS comes with a 41mm telescopic front forks and twin gas-charged shock absorbers at the rear. The rear suspension also comes with a five-way adjustable preload function.
For the very first time, Royal Enfield has also fitted the motorcycle with alloy wheels and tubeless tyres as stock. Moreover, the tyre profile remains the same with a 19 inch at the front and an 18 inch at the rear. Braking duty is handled by a single 280mm disc at the front while the rear gets a 240mm disc.
The Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500X is a more street-oriented version of the regular Thunderbird 500. The motorcycle is available in two colours - Drifter Blue and Getaway Orange. The Thunderbird 500X comes with a more sporty riding position, new flat handlebars and split grab rails when compared to the standard variant.
Thoughts On The Thunderbird 500X ABS
The Thunderbird 500X has got a modern appeal to it and one can definitely go on long tours on it. The introduction of ABS is definately a boon for the motorcycle, but, also is a part of the new government rule mandating the safety feature for motorcycles above 125cc.