TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Complicity Of Pakistan In Pulwama Attack Strongly Underlined During India-Saudi Talks
- Clamour To Boycott India-Pakistan World Cup Clash Grows — Get The Complete Information
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Tata Electric Cars In India To Be More Desirable; EVs With 200-250km Range Confirmed
- PPF or Sukanya Samriddhi — Which Is A Better Investment For Girl Child?
- Disturbing Pictures Of Zoo That Staff Do Not Wish You To See
- Video: Varun Dhawan Posts A Sweet Message For His Fans
Royal Enfield has introduced the Thunderbird 500X ABS model in the Indian market. The new Thunderbird 500X ABS has been priced at Rs 2.60 lakh, on-road (Mumbai).
The bookings for the Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500X is now open across all the dealerships. Customers can now book the 500X with an amount of Rs 5,000. If they want to cancel the booking, the entire money is refundable.
The overall design of the Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500X ABS remain unchanged, the only new feature that has been added is the dual channel ABS. By doing so, the braking performance of the motorcycle has improved and now the rider can ride with a lot of confidence.
Powering the Thunderbird 500X is the same tried and tested 499cc air-cooled single-cylinder engine. The engine makes 27bhp of power and 41 Nm of peak torque. The engine comes mated to a five-speed gearbox.
The Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500X ABS comes with a 41mm telescopic front forks and twin gas-charged shock absorbers at the rear. The rear suspension also comes with a five-way adjustable preload function.
For the very first time, Royal Enfield has also fitted the motorcycle with alloy wheels and tubeless tyres as stock. Moreover, the tyre profile remains the same with a 19 inch at the front and an 18 inch at the rear. Braking duty is handled by a single 280mm disc at the front while the rear gets a 240mm disc.
The Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500X is a more street-oriented version of the regular Thunderbird 500. The motorcycle is available in two colours - Drifter Blue and Getaway Orange. The Thunderbird 500X comes with a more sporty riding position, new flat handlebars and split grab rails when compared to the standard variant.
Thoughts On The Thunderbird 500X ABS
The Thunderbird 500X has got a modern appeal to it and one can definitely go on long tours on it. The introduction of ABS is definately a boon for the motorcycle, but, also is a part of the new government rule mandating the safety feature for motorcycles above 125cc.