- 6 hrs ago Mahindra Thar 700 Launched In India At Rs 9.99 Lakh — Limited Numbers Of A Fantastic SUV
- 6 hrs ago MG Motors Plans To Launch eZS All Electric SUV — Slated For Late 2019
- 6 hrs ago Renault Triber Teased Ahead Of Global Unveil
- 8 hrs ago Tata Tigor Automatic Launched In India — Prices Start At Rs 6.39 Lakh
- News Weather today: Rains to pick up pace around weekend in Mumbai
- Technology Indian Consumer Prefer To Watch OTT Content For Free
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Super Shakib inspires Bangladesh to thumping win over Windies
- Lifestyle 8 Astonishing Health Benefits Of Drinking Cucumber Juice
- Movies Bepannaah’s Harshad Chopda On His Secret Girlfriend; Reveals Awkward Moment About Intimate Scene!
- Finance Nifty Earnings For Jan-Mar Touched 5-Quarter Low
- Education RSOS 10th Result 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
The Royal Enfield Pegasus 500 has been launched in India. Priced at Rs 2.49 lakh, On-Road (Maharashtra), the Pegasus 500 will be a limited edition model with just 1000 units being produced. Out of these 1000 units, only 250 models will be sold in India. The motorcycle will be only available for sale online from July 10.
The Royal Enfield Pegasus 500 motorcycle draws inspiration from the World War II bike, specifically the two-stroke RE/WB 125. This bike is popularly known as the ‘Flying Flea', served the British paratroopers during the war.
The RE/WB 125 served the British paratroopers for communication and also carrying soldiers into the battlefield. The motorcycles were airdropped by parachute, while encased in a steel cradle.
The RE/WB 125 had a low kerb weight, which allowed soldiers to carry it on their shoulders if the terrain got too rough to ride.
The new Pegasus Limited Edition isbased on the Classic 500. Itcarries forward the same 499cc engine producing 27.2bhp and 41.2Nm of torque. The engine is furthermated to a five-speed gearbox. Other elements, such as the chassis, brakes and tyres remain unchanged from the Classic 500.
The new limited edition 500cc offering from Royal Enfield features the Pegasus logo on the tank. Other features on the Pegasus 500: military-style canvas panniers, leather straps with brass buckles and a tank badge, similar to the one on the original Flying Flea.
The Pegasus 500 Edition comes with blacked-out headlamps, bezels, rims, exhaust pipes and engine. Each of the Pegasus motorcycles will also carry a unique number, stencilled on the side of the tank.
Globally, the Royal Enfield Pegasus 500 is available in two colour options: Service Brown and Olive Drab Green. However, in India, only the Service Brown will be available.
Thoughts On The Royal Enfield Pegasus 500 Edition
The Royal Enfield Pegasus 500 pays homage to the RE/WB 125 Flying Flea. The limited edition Pegasus 500 will be manufactured at Royal Enfield Chennai plant in India. The Launch price for the Pegasus 500 in India, is inclusive of accessories including a helmet, panniers and a t-shirt.