TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Netfilx And Amazon Prime Might Face Ban In India
- 5 Secret Destinations In Sikkim You Might Have Never Heard Of
- How Can You Live A Long And Healthy Life With Diabetes?
- Pooja Mishra Makes SHOCKING Allegations; Accuses Salman Khan & His Brothers Of Raping Her! #MeToo
- 2019 Kawasaki Z650 Launched In India; Priced At Rs 5.29 Lakh
- Kapil Dev Debuts 40 Years Ago This Day: Five Top Moments From His Career
- 5 Ways To Thank Your Boss On The World Boss Day
Royal Enfield unveiled the Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 at the 2017 EICMA motorcycle show in Italy. Now, a report from MoneyControl states that the Royal Enfield 650 twins will be launched in the Indian market in a few months time.
Royal Enfield is expected to launch the Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 in India by July or August 2018. But before that, the Royal Enfield 650 twins will be first launched in the international markets. We had already reported about the Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 spotted at Australian showrooms.
Royal Enfield is expected to launch the Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 in Australia and UK before introducing in India. The company is betting high on the 650 twins to make a name for itself in the global markets. So, RE will first focus on catering the foreign markets before launching the new bikes in India.
The upcoming Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 will draw power from a new 647cc parallel twin, oil/air-cooled engine producing 46.3bhp and 52Nm of peak torque. The engine is paired to a 6-speed gearbox assisted by a slipper clutch.
The Royal Enfield 650 twins will be equipped with features such as fuel injection system and dual-channel ABS as standard. Apart from that the bikes get telescopic front forks, dual shock absorbers at the rear, spoke wheels and disc brakes at both the ends.
Royal Enfield is also considering to set up an assembly plant in South East Asia. Royal Enfield has received a good response from markets such as Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia. So, setting up an assembly plant will enable RE to cater to a wide customer base.
Thoughts On The Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 And Continental GT 650
The Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 will be the most affordable twin-cylinder bikes in the Indian market. We expect the Royal Enfield 650 twins to be priced in the range of Rs 3 lakh to 3.25 lakh ex-showroom. With a cult following in India, the Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 is likely to be a hit in the country.