- Royal Enfield Classic 500 Pegasus Online Sale Postponed After Website Crashes
- Royal Enfield Pegasus 500 Online Bookings Start Today — Limited To 250 Units In India
- Royal Enfield Continental GT To Be Discontinued In The Global Markets
- Termignoni Reveals Performance Exhaust For Royal Enfield Himalayan
- Royal Enfield Crash Guards: The Latest Crash Guards For The Royal Enfield Bullet Shown In New Video
- Royal Enfield Classic 350 With Rear Disc Brakes On Redditch Edition
The report states that the Royal Enfield Classic and the Thunderbird range will also get single-channel ABS. A single-channel ABS unit works only on the front wheel and the rear wheel would lock up in a panic braking situation.
The more advanced dual-channel ABS unit works on both the wheels and prevent the wheels from locking up when braked hard. The upcoming Royal Enfield 650cc twins, the Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 are likely to feature dual-channel ABS as standard.
From April 1, 2018, all the two-wheelers above 125cc should be equipped with ABS. So, Royal Enfield will update its entire lineup with the safety net of ABS. The ABS will be an added protection for the rider in wet and slippery conditions. Especially, for the Himalayan, it will be an added advantage.
Royal Enfield launched the fuel injected version of the Himalayan in India in September 2017. In January 2018, Royal Enfield introduced the Sleet Edition of the adventure motorcycle.
Powering the Royal Enfield Himalayan is a 411cc single-cylinder, air/oil-cooled engine producing 24.5bhp and 32Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 5-speed gearbox.
Another important fact is that the Royal Enfield Himalayan which is exported to foreign markets is already equipped with dual-channel ABS. So, launching the Himalayan with ABS should not be a problem. Expect the Himalayan to be dearer by Rs 10,000 to Rs 12,000 with the addition of dual-channel ABS.
Thoughts On Royal Enfield Himalayan Getting Dual-Channel ABS
With the implementation of the new safety regulations, all the two-wheeler makers should provide ABS on bikes and scooter above 125cc. So, Royal Enfield will update its entire lineup by offering ABS. Now, it will be interesting to see the pricing of the RE bikes with the ABS. We expect Royal Enfield to introduce ABS in 2018.