- 3 hrs ago Ducati Partners With North Star Automotive — Aiming Maximum Presence In India
- 4 hrs ago Kia Seltos Receives 6,046 Bookings On The First Day — Launch Scheduled In August
- 4 hrs ago BS-VI Petrol & Diesel Prices Will Increase Post April 2020 — Another Challenge For The Auto Sector!
- 5 hrs ago Lotus Evija Electric Hypercar Unveiled — Time Travel Is Almost Here!
- News Kulbhushan Jadhav verdict: India says stand validated, expect Pak to implement ICJ verdict
- Technology Xiaomi Mi A3 Launched – Triple Rear Cameras, Snapdragon 665 SoC And More
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Full Schedule, team-wise schedule, date and time, venues of PKL 2019
- Movies Veteran Bengali Actor Swarup Dutta Passes Away Due To Cardiac Arrest In Kolkata
- Lifestyle Teen Sells Bottled Bathwater to Men Online and It's A Runaway Success
- Finance What Are Dynamic Bond Funds?
- Education ICAI CPT June Result 2019 To Be Released On July 18
- Travel 5 Ideal Weekend Getaways in Chandigarh
We have already reported about the Royal Enfield Himalayan and Classic 500 getting ABS and the deliveries of the Himalayan ABS has already begun. Now, CarandBike reports that the Royal Enfield Classic 500 ABS is priced at Rs 2.10 lakh ex-showroom (Mumbai).
The Royal Enfield Classic 500 ABS will is dearer by Rs 20,000 to Rs 30,000 than the standard model. The report also states that the ABS option is available in the Stealth Black and Desert Storm colour options and the prices may vary depending on the colour.
The report also states that the deliveries of the Royal Enfield Classic 500 ABS have commenced across the dealerships in the country. The Royal Enfield Classic 500 ABS is equipped with the same Bosh-sourced ABS unit which was introduced with the recently launched Classic 350 Signals.
Apart from the addition of the ABS, all the mechanical components on the Classic 500 remain the same. The Royal Enfield Classic 500 ABS draws power from the same 499cc air-cooled, single-cylinder engine that produces 27.2bhp and 41.3Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 5-speed gearbox.
The Classic 500 ABS is equipped with 35mm telescopic forks at the front and gas-charged shock absorbers at the rear. Braking duties are handled by discs at both the ends with dual-channel ABS. It will be interesting to see if the Classic 500 ABS gets a bigger disc brake as compared to the standard model.
In the coming months, Royal Enfield will introduce ABS on the entire range of its motorcycles. The export-spec bikes are already equipped with ABS, so it will not be a difficult task for Royal Enfield to introduce the same in India.
Thoughts On The Royal Enfield Classic 500 ABS
After the introduction of ABS on the Classic 350 Signals and Himalayan, the company is all set to launch the Classic 500 ABS. The addition of ABS makes the Classic 500 a safe motorcycle for long rides. We expect other manufacturers to follow the same as the deadline of April 2019 to make ABS mandatory on two-wheelers with 125cc or above engine capacity is nearing.