- 7 hrs ago Steelbird Tyres Launches Puncture RSA Across India – Fix Your Flat With Ease
- 8 hrs ago India Proposes Electrifying All Two Wheelers Within 6 And 8 Years
- 9 hrs ago Mahindra Stops Production Of TUV300 Automatic — Five Speed Manual Option Only
- 10 hrs ago Suzuki To Stop Manufacturing Commuter Motorcycles – Will Cater To Performance Segment Only
- Lifestyle Rakulpreet's Latest Attire For A Movie Promotion Deserves All Your Attention
- News The Congress scored a 0 in these 16 states/UTs
- Sports Neymar, Mbappe could leave PSG, hints Tuchel
- Movies When Prabhas Talked About Anushka Shetty’s Star Power Even Before Baahubali!
- Technology Redmi K20 series price leaks ahead of launch
- Finance Sensex At 45,000, Nifty At 13,500 By June 2020 On Modi's Return: Morgan Stanley
- Education SSLC Revaluation Result Kerala 2019: Direct Link To Check Result
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 launched in India. The two motorcycles; Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 have a starting price of Rs 2.50 lakh and Rs 2.65 lakh, respectively. Both prices are ex-showroom (India).
The two motorcycles have been among the most-awaited products to be launched in the Indian two-wheeler segment. Both motorcycles offer a modern-classic look, with the Continental GT 650 following a cafe racer theme while the Interceptor 650 offers a scrambler-style classic design.
The Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 design takes inspiration from the iconic 60s Interceptor, with the essence of a quintessential British Roadster. The Interceptor 650 comes with clean lines, classic teardrop-shaped fuel tank, braced handlebars and diamond-quilt-patterned twin seats.
The Royal Enfield Continental GT 650, on the other hand, offers a more cafe racer design. The motorcycle takes inspiration from the cafe culture of the 1950s and the original Continental GT 250 of the era.
The Continental GT 650 further comes with a sculpted fuel tank, weight-forward stance, rear-set footpegs and clip-on handlebars.
Price and Booking Details
Bookings for the Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and the Continental GT 650 are now open in company dealerships across India. The two 650cc motorcycles can be booked for an amount of Rs 5,000.
We have already shared the prices of the Royal Enfield 650cc Twins ahead of the launch.
Here is the price break-up of all the models available on the Interceptor 650 and the Continental GT 650.
|Models & Colours||Ex-Showroom Price|
|Continental GT 650 (Standard)||2,65,000|
|Continental GT 650 (Custom) ||2,72,500|
|Continental GT 650 (Chrome) ||2,85,000|
|Interceptor 650 (Standard) ||2,50,000|
|Interceptor 650 (Custom) ||2,57,500|
|Interceptor 650 (Chrome) ||2,70,000|
*Note: Prices will vary between dealerships in different cities.
Engine & Technical Specifications
The Royal Enfield 650 Twins are powered by an all-new 649cc air/oil-cooled parallel-twin engine. It produces 47bhp and 52Nm of torque. The engine is further mated to a six-speed gearbox, assisted by a slipper-clutch which comes as standard.
Both motorcycles come with standard 41mm telescopic front forks with 110mm of travel and twin coil-cover shocks at the rear. The 650-twins both ride on 18-inch 36-spoke aluminium alloy wheels with Pirelli Phantom Sportcomp tyres.
Braking Duty on the Interceptor and Continental GT 650 is through 320mm and 240mm disc brakes from ByBre (By Brembo) at the front and rear, respectively. Both motorcycle also features dual-channel ABS as standard.
The Royal Enfield 650cc motorcycles will be offered in a range of vibrant and youthful colour options. The Continental GT 650 is available in five colour options while the Interceptor 650 is available in seven paint schemes.
Paint schemes on offer for the Royal Enfield Interceptor 650: Mark Three, Glitter & Dust, Orange Crush, Ravishing Red, Silver Spectre and Baker Express.
Similarly, the Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 is offered in five colour options. These include Black Magic, Ventura Blue, Mister Clean, Dr. Mayhem and Ice Queen.
Thoughts On The Royal Enfield 650cc Twins In India
The Royal Enfield 650cc twins (Interceptor and Continental GT 650) have been among the most-awaited motorcycles by most bike enthusiasts. The two motorcycles are now the most affordable and value-for-money parallel twins available in the market.
The Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 will rival the likes of the Harley-Davidson Street 750 and the Triumph Bonneville street Twin In India.