- 4 hrs ago 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon To Be Called Moab In India
- 5 hrs ago 45 At An Auction And Everything Else — A List Of Motorcycles That Could Have Been
- 6 hrs ago Ducati Panigale V4 25 Anniversario 916 Launched In India — Priced At Rs 54.90 Lakh
- 6 hrs ago Ford Teams Up With Volkswagen For EVs By 2023 — Ford To Use VWs MEB Platform
- News Amid political drama, Roshan Baig detained in IMA money laundering case
- Movies Happy Birthday Katrina Kaif: 5 Times The Diva Won Our Hearts With Her Take On Love & Relationships!
- Finance June Trade Deficit Narrows To $15.28 Billion; Exports Fall
- Sports MS Dhoni could be axed from Team India if he doesn't retire; Virat Kohli's captaincy to be reviewed: Reports
- Technology Realme X Review: New Benchmark To Beat In Sub 20K Price-Point
- Lifestyle Guru Purnima 2019: Messages And Quotes To Wish Your Guru
- Education ICAR AIEEA Result 2019 Likely To Be Released On This Date
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Triumph Motorcycles India is all set to introduce the new Tiger adventure motorcycle in the country. The company has revealed that the 2018 Tiger range will be launched in India on March 21, 2018.
Triumph will launch both the Tiger 1200 and 800 in India. The new 1,200cc adventure bike will lose the ‘Explorer' name and will be called Tiger 1200. The company has started accepting bookings for both the adventure bikes across the country and the deliveries will begin shortly after the launch.
Both the Triumph Tiger 1200 and 800 was revealed at the 2017 EICMA motorcycle show in Italy. The new Tiger range now comes with several updates. The Tiger 800 features an improved version of the 800cc three-cylinder engine producing 94bhp and 79Nm of torque.
The 2018 Triumph Tiger 800 now comes with a shorter first gear which improves the off-road traction and low-end response and acceleration. The bike also gets a new lighter exhaust system.
On the design front, the new Tiger range features a sharper and aggressive front end with new LED headlamps. The new paint scheme and decals make the motorcycle look muscular. The 2018 Tiger 800 features a new TFT instrument cluster on the top-spec and mid-level variants.
The base XR trim of the Tiger 800 is equipped with LCD instrument display. The 2018 Triumph Tiger 800 will be offered in five variants: XR, XCx, XRx, XRt, and XCa.
The 2018 Triumph Tiger 1200 draws power from the existing 1,215cc three-cylinder engine 141bhp and 122Nm of torque. The bike also gets lighter flywheel and camshaft, magnesium cam cover and Arrow exhaust system on tops-pec variants.
The 2018 Triumph Tiger 1200 features adaptive cornering lights, LED headlamps, adjustable TFT screen, new riding modes and hill hold control on the mid and top-spec variants. The Tiger 1200 is offered in four XR and two XC trims, but India is likely to get the XR trims.
DriveSpark's Thoughts On The New 2018 Triumph Tiger Range
The new 2018 iteration of the Triumph Tiger 1200 and 800 comes with a host of updates to the engine and several new features. The Tiger 800 and 1200 has been selling in good numbers in India with the growing culture of motorcycle touring. The new Tiger range will be even more exciting with new looks and features.
We expect the new 2018 Triumph Tiger 1200 to be priced around Rs 18 lakh and the Tiger 800 might be priced around Rs 15 lakh. Both prices are ex-showroom.