- 7 hrs ago High Note Performance To Import S&S Exhausts For Royal Enfield 650 Twins
- 8 hrs ago Mahindra Launches All New Bolero Camper Gold ZX — Still Trying To Be A Truck
- 9 hrs ago Isuzu V Cross Facelift Features 20 New Upgrades — Updates, Upgrades, And Prices
- 9 hrs ago Kawasaki Z250 Discontinued — Officially Removed From Company Website
- News International Yoga Day 2019: Ranchi decked up, Modi to perform Asanas with 35,000 people
- Sports 23-member squad for Junior Asian Championship announced
- Movies Kabir Singh Movie Review: Live Audience Reaction - Netizens HAIL Shahid Kapoor
- Finance NCLT Admits Insolvency Plea Against Jet Airways
- Lifestyle International Day Of Yoga 2019: 10 Yoga Poses To Get Rid Of Belly Fat
- Technology Infinix Hot7Pro Up For Sale With Launch Offer – All You Need To Know
- Education CHSE Result 2019: Steps To Check Odisha +2 Result For Arts And Commerce Streams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
2018 Triumph Tiger 1200 launched in India. British motorcycle manufacturer Triumph Motorcycles has launched the new 2018 Tiger 1200 in the country. The 2018 Triumph Tiger 1200 is priced at Rs 17 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi).
Triumph Motorcycles has launched the mid-spec XCx variant of the 2018 Triumph Tiger 1200 in India. The 2018 Triumph Tiger 1200 XCx will be available in three colour options: Jet Black, Crystal White and Matt Khaki.
The 2018 Triumph Tiger 1200 draws power from the same 1,215cc inline three-cylinder engine producing 141bhp and 122Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 6-speed gearbox delivering power to the rear wheel via a shaft.
The gearbox features a bi-directional quick-shifter. The engine also gets updates such as lighter flywheel and crankshaft and new magnesium cam cover.
The 2018 Triumph Tiger 1200 XCx is 5kg lighter than the previous model. The adventure motorcycle gets updated frame and lighter engine and exhaust system. Triumph states that the 2018 Tiger 1200 gets over 100 changes as compared to the outgoing model.
Coming to changes on the 2018 Triumph Tiger 1200, the company has re-branded the adventure motorcycle as it was previously called Tiger Explorer. Now, the company has named its flagship bike as Tiger 1200 similar to the Tiger 800.
The 2018 Triumph Tiger is equipped with features such as a 5-inch fully digital instrument cluster, backlit switchgear, all LED lights, adaptive cornering lights, keyless ignition and updated cruise control.
The 2018 Triumph Tiger 1200 also gets updated electronics such as Inertial Measurement unit (IMU), optimised cornering ABS, traction control, hill-hold assist, ride-by-wire throttle and six riding modes.
Other features include electrically adjustable windscreen, 12V power outlets and optional heated grips.
The new Triumph Tiger 1200 is equipped with 48mm WP upside down forks at the front with 190mm of travel and WP monoshock suspension at the rear. Both the suspension units are adjustable.
Braking duties are handled by 305mm twin discs at the front with Brembo four-piston callipers and a 282mm disc with a Nissin two-piston calliper at the rear.
Thoughts On The 2018 Triumph Tiger 1200
The 2018 Triumph Tiger 1200 comes with a host of updates to the design and features as compared to the previous model. The new Tiger 1200 is lighter and gets few updates to the engine as well. The 2018 Triumph Tiger 1200 will rival the likes of Ducati Multistrada 1200, BMW R 1200 GS and the upcoming Ducati Multistrada 1260.