- 9 hrs ago Flash Electronics Files Suit Against Royal Enfield — Are The Good Times Over?
- 10 hrs ago Harley Davidson To Launch Sub-500cc Motorcycles Next Year — Are The Americans Up To It?
- 10 hrs ago Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross Set For 2020 India Launch
- 11 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Vs Ford EcoSport Vs Tata Nexon — Which Will Come Out On Top?
- News 'No cause for concern as exit polls only Nautanki': Sharad Pawar slams predictions
- Lifestyle Former Miss Worlds, Aishwarya & Priyanka Made A Strong Case For Dreamy White Gowns At Cannes 2019
- Movies Vivek Oberoi Says Aishwarya Rai & Salman Khan Have NO OBJECTIONS To His Tweet; INSULTS Sonam Kapoor
- Technology Everything you should know about Reliance Jio's VoWi-Fi plans
- Sports Teams will probably be most fearful of Australia, says Steve Waugh
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019 Will Be Declared Tomorrow At 11 AM
- Finance How To Choose Between Fixed And Floating Interest Rate On Home Loan?
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Suzuki Motorcycles is planning to launch a new middleweight adventure tourer in India. According to Autocar India, the company will launch the V-Strom 650 XT in the country by July, this year. The motorcycle was first showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo.
The Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT will be the third motorcycle from the company to be locally assembled in India; the other two being the Hayabusa and GSX-S750. Suzuki also launched the GSX-S750 in India, recently.
The V-Strom 650 adventure tourer is available in two variants internationally: Standard and XT. The standard V-Strom is a more road-oriented adventure tourer, while the XT is its off-road variant. India will be getting only the Xt variant.
The design of the V-Strom 650 is inspired by its elder sibling, the V-Strom 1000. The motorcycle gets premium anodised wire-spoke rims along with Bridgestone Battlax A40 Adventure tyres with an Enduro-style thread.
The suspension duties on the motorcycle are handled by telescopic forks at the front and a monoshock at the rear. The rear monoshock also gets rebound adjustment and a remote preload adjuster.
The motorcycle receives 310mm dual disc setup at the front and a single 260mm disc at the rear. Braking is assisted by ABS, which comes as standard.
The Suzuki V-Strom is powered by a 645cc V-Twin engine producing 70bhp with 62.3Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a six-speed gearbox, tuned for long distance riding.
The equipment on the Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT includea three-way height adjustable windscreen, three-stage traction control system, Suzuki's Easy Start System and a digital-analogue instrument cluster borrowed from the V-Strom 1000.
Thoughts On The Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT India Launch
Once launched, the Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT will rival the Kawasaki Versys 650. Prices have not been announced yet, but expect it to around Rs 7 to 8 lakh ex-showroom.