TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rafale Verdict: Centre Moves SC; Seeks Correction On References To CAG Report
- WhatsApp Android Stable Version Gets PIP Mode For Videos
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India Post Enters E-Commerce Delivery Business
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Kohli And Rahane Keeps India Steady
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
Suzuki Motorcycles is expected to launch the new 2018 V-Strom 650 in India. The motorcycle was first showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo. The new Suzuki V-Strom 650 will be launched in India sometime around August this year.
Suzuki has confirmed to Carandbike, that the new V-Strom 650 will come to India as a Completely Knocked Down (CKD) unit. This will allow the company to price the motorcycle competitively in the Indian market.
The V-Strom 650 is the third motorcycle from Suzuki to be locally assembled in India. The other two motorcycles include the Hayabusa and the GSX-S750. Globally, the adventure motorcycle offering from Suzuki is available in two variants: Standard 650 and the 650XT. However, India is expected to get only the V-Strom 650 XT.
In terms of the design, The 650 is similar to its elder sibling, the V-Strom 1000. The motorcycle comes with anodised wire-spoke rims. The motorcyclerides on Bridgestone Battlax A40 adventure tyres with an enduro thread.
The 2018 Suzuki V-Strom 650 is powered by a 645cc, 90 degree V-twin, four-stroke, liquid-cooled engine. It produces 70bhp and 66Nm of maximum torque.
The suspension duties for the V-Strom 650 is handled by telescopic front forks and monoshock at the rear. While braking is handled by 310mm dual front discs and a single 260mm rear disc.
The top-end Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT also features body protection add-on equipment to the front header pipes and engine cases. The motorcycle also comes with plastic handguards among other standard equipment.
Thoughts On The Suzuki V-Strom 650XT
The middleweight motorcycle segment in India is constantly gaining popularity in the Indian market. Once launched in India, the Suzuki V-Strom 650 will take on the Kawasaki Versys 650.
Suzuki Motorcycles India is expected to launch the V-Strom 650 competitively at around Rs 6.5 lakh, ex-showroom.