- 2 hrs ago 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon To Be Called Moab In India
- 3 hrs ago 45 At An Auction And Everything Else — A List Of Motorcycles That Could Have Been
- 4 hrs ago Ducati Panigale V4 25 Anniversario 916 Launched In India — Priced At Rs 54.90 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago Ford Teams Up With Volkswagen For EVs By 2023 — Ford To Use VWs MEB Platform
- Finance June Trade Deficit Narrows To $15.28 Billion; Exports Fall
- Sports MS Dhoni could be axed from Team India if he doesn't retire; Virat Kohli's captaincy to be reviewed: Reports
- News Chandrayaan-1 too faced glitch before launch: former ISRO chief
- Movies Aditi Prabhudeva Says Her Hit Song Shane Top Agavle Represents Girl’s Point Of View
- Technology Realme X Review: New Benchmark To Beat In Sub 20K Price-Point
- Lifestyle Guru Purnima 2019: Messages And Quotes To Wish Your Guru
- Education ICAR AIEEA Result 2019 Likely To Be Released On This Date
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Suzuki Motorcycles is expected to launch the new 2018 V-Strom 650 in India. The motorcycle was first showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo. The new Suzuki V-Strom 650 will be launched in India sometime around August this year.
Suzuki has confirmed to Carandbike, that the new V-Strom 650 will come to India as a Completely Knocked Down (CKD) unit. This will allow the company to price the motorcycle competitively in the Indian market.
The V-Strom 650 is the third motorcycle from Suzuki to be locally assembled in India. The other two motorcycles include the Hayabusa and the GSX-S750. Globally, the adventure motorcycle offering from Suzuki is available in two variants: Standard 650 and the 650XT. However, India is expected to get only the V-Strom 650 XT.
In terms of the design, The 650 is similar to its elder sibling, the V-Strom 1000. The motorcycle comes with anodised wire-spoke rims. The motorcyclerides on Bridgestone Battlax A40 adventure tyres with an enduro thread.
The 2018 Suzuki V-Strom 650 is powered by a 645cc, 90 degree V-twin, four-stroke, liquid-cooled engine. It produces 70bhp and 66Nm of maximum torque.
The suspension duties for the V-Strom 650 is handled by telescopic front forks and monoshock at the rear. While braking is handled by 310mm dual front discs and a single 260mm rear disc.
The top-end Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT also features body protection add-on equipment to the front header pipes and engine cases. The motorcycle also comes with plastic handguards among other standard equipment.
Thoughts On The Suzuki V-Strom 650XT
The middleweight motorcycle segment in India is constantly gaining popularity in the Indian market. Once launched in India, the Suzuki V-Strom 650 will take on the Kawasaki Versys 650.
Suzuki Motorcycles India is expected to launch the V-Strom 650 competitively at around Rs 6.5 lakh, ex-showroom.