- 3 hrs ago Ducati Partners With North Star Automotive — Aiming Maximum Presence In India
- 4 hrs ago Kia Seltos Receives 6,046 Bookings On The First Day — Launch Scheduled In August
- 4 hrs ago BS-VI Petrol & Diesel Prices Will Increase Post April 2020 — Another Challenge For The Auto Sector!
- 5 hrs ago Lotus Evija Electric Hypercar Unveiled — Time Travel Is Almost Here!
- News Kulbhushan Jadhav verdict: India says stand validated, expect Pak to implement ICJ verdict
- Technology Xiaomi Mi A3 Launched – Triple Rear Cameras, Snapdragon 665 SoC And More
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Full Schedule, team-wise schedule, date and time, venues of PKL 2019
- Movies Veteran Bengali Actor Swarup Dutta Passes Away Due To Cardiac Arrest In Kolkata
- Lifestyle Teen Sells Bottled Bathwater to Men Online and It's A Runaway Success
- Finance What Are Dynamic Bond Funds?
- Education ICAI CPT June Result 2019 To Be Released On July 18
- Travel 5 Ideal Weekend Getaways in Chandigarh
Suzuki Motorcycle India has launched the 2018 editions of the Gixxer SP and the fully-faired SF SP. The Suzuki Gixxer SP is priced at Rs 87,250. While the Suzuki Gixxer SF SP has a price tag of Rs 1.00 lakh. Both prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The 2018 SP edition is now available in two new colour options. These include a unique black and a dual-tone Majestic Gold/Glass Sparkle Black.
The two motorcycles also get new graphics, on the fuel tank and the front cowl. The 2018 versions of the motorcycles also come with the updated SP emblem.
Both the Gixxer SP and the SF SP now comes standard with a single-channel ABS system. The SF SP model additionally features a fuel-injection system, while the Gixxer SP gets the standard carburettor.
Apart from the cosmetic changes and the additional ABS system, both motorcycles remain unchanged mechanically.
Both models from the 2018 Gixxer range are powered by the same 155cc, single-cylinder engine. This produces 14.6bhp and 14Nm of torque. The engine is further mated to a five-speed gearbox. The two motorcycles also feature Suzuki's Eco Performance Technology.
Sanjeev Rajasekharan, Executive Vice President, SMIPL, stated, "Since its launch in India in 2014, the Gixxer brand has metamorphosed into a synonym that embodies Suzuki's attributes of quality, styling, and performance."
He further added, "It is our constant effort to reinvigorate the Gixxer portfolio with new freshness and value. We are confident that with the new 2018 special edition series, this exciting ride is set to continue."
The Gixxer SP and the Gixxer SF SP comes with disc brakes on both the front and rear. The suspension is handled by telescopic front forks and a mono-shock at the rear.
Other features on the 2018 Suzuki Gixxer SP and the Gixxer SF SP: digital instrument cluster, sporty twin-port exhaust and LED tail lights.
Thoughts On The 2018 Suzuki Gixxer SP & Gixxer SF SP
The 2018 Suzuki Gixxer rivals the Bajaj Pulsar NS160, Honda CB Hornet 160R and the TVS Apache RTR 160 4V in the segment. The fully-faired SF model, on the other hand, takes on rivals such as the Yamaha Fazer v2.0.