- 14 hrs ago Range Rover Sport Launched With New 2.0-Litre Petrol Engine — Prices Start At 86.71 Lakh
- 15 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Launched — TVC Targets Younger Buyers
- 16 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Variants Explained In Detail — The Best Model Of The Lot!
- 16 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Launched — Top Five Features And Everything You Need To Know
- News 5.6 magnitude earthquake hits Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- Sports Asian Championships winner Gomathi fails dope test
- Finance Rupee Opens Higher At 69.67
- Technology Samsung's latest 5x optical zoom camera sensor is just 5mm in thickness
- Movies Maharshi Worldwide Box Office Collections Day 13: Overtakes Srimanthudu To Reach A New Milestone!
- Lifestyle Sonam Kapoor Ahuja’s Modern Suit At Cannes 2019 Has A Timeless Touch And She Looks Flawless
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019: 92.47% Students Passed
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
The 2018 KTM Duke 200 will get a major upgrade in the form of a side-mounted exhaust muffler similar to the Duke 390 and Duke 250. The 2018 KTM Duke 200 with the new exhaust system was showcased at the Indonesia International Motor Show 2018.
The 2018 KTM Duke 200 will feature a new exhaust system with a side-mounted exhaust muffler. The Duke 200 will ditch the underbelly exhaust which is placed under the engine. The new exhaust system will also improve the exhaust note of the Duke 200.
The new exhaust system will also help the Duke 200 to comply with the stricter emission norms. That said, the new side-mounted exhaust will affect the riding dynamics of the Duke 200 as the underbelly exhaust provides an efficient mass centralisation.
Image Courtesy: BikeAdvice
The KTM Duke 200 is manufactured at Bajaj's Chakan facility and India is the global production hub for KTM bikes. With the new Duke 200 showcased in Indonesia, India might also get the new exhaust system on the India-spec KTM Duke 200.
The KTM Duke 200 is the entry-level offering from the Austrian firm in the Indian market. The motorcycle draws power from a 199.5cc single-cylinder, fuel-injected engine producing 25bhp and 19Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 6-speed gearbox.
The Indonesia-spec KTM Duke 200 also get ABS and KTM doesn't offer the safety feature in India. With the new safety regulations, KTM is expected to introduce 2018 Duke 200 with ABS. Under the new rules, all the two-wheelers above 125cc should be equipped with ABS from April 2019.
The KTM Duke 200 is known for its aggressive power delivery and sharp handling. The motorcycle is equipped with an upside down forks at the front and monoshock suspension at the rear. Braking duties are handled by disc brakes at both the ends.
Thoughts On The 2018 KTM Duke 200
The KTM Duke 200 is an excellent entry-level performance motorcycle suitable for beginner riders. Now, with the introduction of the side-mounted exhaust on the Duke 200, the motorcycle is likely to get a throaty exhaust note. But will the new Duke 200 with side-mounted exhaust come to India? Only time will tell.