- 6 hrs ago Steelbird Tyres Launches Puncture RSA Across India – Fix Your Flat With Ease
- 7 hrs ago India Proposes Electrifying All Two Wheelers Within 6 And 8 Years
- 9 hrs ago Mahindra Stops Production Of TUV300 Automatic — Five Speed Manual Option Only
- 9 hrs ago Suzuki To Stop Manufacturing Commuter Motorcycles – Will Cater To Performance Segment Only
- Lifestyle Rakulpreet's Latest Attire For A Movie Promotion Deserves All Your Attention
- News The Congress scored a 0 in these 16 states/UTs
- Sports Neymar, Mbappe could leave PSG, hints Tuchel
- Movies When Prabhas Talked About Anushka Shetty’s Star Power Even Before Baahubali!
- Technology Redmi K20 series price leaks ahead of launch
- Finance Sensex At 45,000, Nifty At 13,500 By June 2020 On Modi's Return: Morgan Stanley
- Education SSLC Revaluation Result Kerala 2019: Direct Link To Check Result
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Bookings for the new Kawasaki Versys 1000 has now commenced in the country. Kawasaki India will be accepting bookings for the litre-class adventure-tourer for an amount of Rs 1.50 lakh. The pre-launch bookings will be open either till 31st December or till all available slots are filled.
The new Kawasaki Versys 1000 was showcased earlier this month at the EICMA 2018 show in Milan, Italy. The Japanese brand is yet to announce the pricing for the new adventure-tourer, though they have confirmed that the deliveries will begin post-April 2019. Kawasaki also mentioned that the Versys 1000 will be locally assembled in India, which should result for a competitive pricing.
The 2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 comes with a number of updates over the previous-generation model. One of the most prominent changes is the sharper front-end, similar to the Ninja family. The Versys 1000 now comes with LED headlamps, adjustable windscreen and a semi-digital LCD instrument display.
There is also a more feature-packed SE variant of the Versys 1000. This variant features additional equipment such as cornering lights, cornering ABS and a quick-shifter. However, this variant will not be included for the Indian market.
Other standard features on the India-bound Kawasaki Versys 1000: ride-by-wire, electric cruise control, five-axis Bosch IMU, Intelligent ABS, Kawasaki Traction Control and two power modes.
The litre-class adventure-tourer is powered by 1,043cc in-line four engine. It produces 120bhp and 102Nm of torque and is mated to a six-speed gearbox.
The suspension on the Versys 1000 is through conventional USD forks at the front while the rear sports a monoshock unit. Braking is handled by twin 310mm discs at the front and a single 250mm disc at the rear.
Thoughts On The New 2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000
The new Kawasaki Versys 1000 was first showcased at EICMA 2018, earlier this year. Kawasaki India had earlier this year, discontinued sales of the litre-class adv-tourer on account of low sales. However, with the Versys 1000 now being locally assembled, pricing will be highly competitive. Once launched in India, the 2019 Versys 1000 will rival the likes of the Ducati Multistrada 950.