- 6 hrs ago Steelbird Tyres Launches Puncture RSA Across India – Fix Your Flat With Ease
- 7 hrs ago India Proposes Electrifying All Two Wheelers Within 6 And 8 Years
- 8 hrs ago Mahindra Stops Production Of TUV300 Automatic — Five Speed Manual Option Only
- 9 hrs ago Suzuki To Stop Manufacturing Commuter Motorcycles – Will Cater To Performance Segment Only
- Lifestyle Rakulpreet's Latest Attire For A Movie Promotion Deserves All Your Attention
- News The Congress scored a 0 in these 16 states/UTs
- Sports Neymar, Mbappe could leave PSG, hints Tuchel
- Movies When Prabhas Talked About Anushka Shetty’s Star Power Even Before Baahubali!
- Technology Redmi K20 series price leaks ahead of launch
- Finance Sensex At 45,000, Nifty At 13,500 By June 2020 On Modi's Return: Morgan Stanley
- Education SSLC Revaluation Result Kerala 2019: Direct Link To Check Result
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Jawa Motorcycles launched two new models in India, and showcased another bobber-style motorcycle too. The most classy-looking among the lot, the 'Jawa' (Yes, a motorcycle named after the brand itself) is priced at Rs 1.64 lakh. Besides the 'Jawa', the Czech-origin brand also launched the Jawa 42 at Rs 1.55 lakh, while the factory custom bobber, the Jawa Perak, was showcased. The Perak will come at a later stage at Rs 1.89 lakh. All prices given are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Coming back to the ‘Jawa', this is one motorcycle which will suit riders of all ages. The elegant chrome detailing and the traditional styling have won a lot of hearts already, and many have confirmed their bookings.
Here is a quick look at the facts and figures of the new Jawa, you should definitely know about!
Engine & Top Speed
The new Jawa motorcycles are powered by a 293cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder engine making 27bhp and 28Nm of torque. This is mated to a six-speed gearbox.
The new Jawa is not at all a performance-focussed motorcycle, but is meant to offer a relaxed riding experience. However, from the output figures, we expect that it is capable of hitting 120km/h on its rather unusual meter, or slightly higher.
Mileage & Fuel Tank Capacity
The claimed mileage figures for the new Jawais in the range of 30 – 35km/l; expected for the output. The Jawa is meant to be a comfortable motorcycle for long rides and with a tank capacity of 14 litres, it promises enough range for a weekend trip.
Seat Height & Kerb Weight
The seat height of the ‘Jawa' remains identical to that of the Jawa 42, at 765mm. The kerb weight of the Jawa is also around 170kg; the same as of the 42. However, the two Jawa models might not offer the exact riding characteristics, due to the design.
Tyres & Brakes
The new Jawa comes with a 90/90 R18 front and a 120/80 R17 rear-section tyres. The front wheel gets a 280mm disc while the rear makes do with a 153mm drum. The motorcycle is equipped with a single channel ABS too.
When Jawa Motorcycles first announced their return to the Indian market, enthusiastswere quite sceptical about its sound, since the original Jawa models were powered by the two-stroke engines. But the engineers have tried their best to make exhaust note of the new Jawa sound good. You can check out the latest Jawa Motorcycles TVC to hear the exhaust note.
The new Jawa, on the aesthetic front, is still an old Jawa. The chrome elements and the plain colour tones with the clean contrast lines, offer a unique look to the Jawa. The motorcycle is offered in only three shades: Maroon, Grey and Black.
Booking Details & Availability
Bookings for the new Jawa are already open on the brand's official website. The booking amount stands at Rs 5000 and due to the high demand even before the launch, some dealerships also started unofficial bookings for just Rs 1000.
Thoughts On The New Jawa 42
The new Jawa is quite a desirable motorcycle to own, especially due to its styling. In fact, all the new Jawa motorcycles have a timeless design which will always carry a nostalgia element. They are arguably the best-looking motorcycles on the market right now, and you should definitely consider buying one.