- 7 hrs ago Steelbird Tyres Launches Puncture RSA Across India – Fix Your Flat With Ease
- 7 hrs ago India Proposes Electrifying All Two Wheelers Within 6 And 8 Years
- 9 hrs ago Mahindra Stops Production Of TUV300 Automatic — Five Speed Manual Option Only
- 9 hrs ago Suzuki To Stop Manufacturing Commuter Motorcycles – Will Cater To Performance Segment Only
- Lifestyle Rakulpreet's Latest Attire For A Movie Promotion Deserves All Your Attention
- News The Congress scored a 0 in these 16 states/UTs
- Sports Neymar, Mbappe could leave PSG, hints Tuchel
- Movies When Prabhas Talked About Anushka Shetty’s Star Power Even Before Baahubali!
- Technology Redmi K20 series price leaks ahead of launch
- Finance Sensex At 45,000, Nifty At 13,500 By June 2020 On Modi's Return: Morgan Stanley
- Education SSLC Revaluation Result Kerala 2019: Direct Link To Check Result
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Jawa Motorcycles launched the new 42 (Forty Two) motorcycle at a price of Rs 1.55 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi). The Jawa 42 is the most affordable model among the three new motorcycles showcased at the event. The latest entrant in the classic motorcycle segment is liked by many, thanks to its retro-styling and the heritage it carries forward.
Compared to the ‘Jawa', the Jawa 42 looks sportier and has got minimal usage of chrome. Even the single-pod instrument console has been placed off-set, while the bar-end mirrors add a particular charm to the motorcycle.
That said, here are some important things to know about the new Jawa 42!
Engine & Top Speed
The new Jawa motorcycles come with a 293cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder engine which makes 27bhp and 28Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a six-speed gearbox.
Jawa Motorcycles has not shared any official performance figure for the new ‘Jawa' or the 42. However, from the output figures and weight, we expect the Jawa 42 to have a top speed, anywhere between 120 – 130km/h.
Meanwhile, the Jawa Perak bobber (read the first look review here) will have a 334cc motor, pumping close to 30bhp and 31Nm of torque. The engine is a big-bore version of the 293cc unit.
Mileage & Fuel Tank Capacity
The real-world mileage figures of the Jawa 42 is expected to range from 30 – 35km/l; higher than the Royal Enfield Classic 350, as unofficially claimed. All the three Jawa motorcycles come with a fuel tank capacity of 14 litres. This is enough to give it a decent riding range.
Seat Height & Kerb Weight
At a seat height of 765mm, the Jawa 42 fits perfectly for an average-sized rider. The kerb weight stands at 170kg and makes the Jawa 42, quite a decent handler. In fact, compared to its main rival, the Royal Enfield Classic 350, the Jawa 42 is much lighter. You can check out the comparison between the Classic 350 and the new Jawa models here.
Tyres & Brakes
The Jawa 42 runs on a 90/90 R18 front tyre and a 120/80 R17 unit at the rear. Braking duties are carried out by a 280mm disc at the front and a 153mm unit at the rear. The Jawa 42 comes equipped with a single-channel ABS too.
Prior to the launch and after, Jawa Motorcycles has shared some teasers of their new products. In those videos, we can clearly hear the 21st-century four-stroke engine note, combined with the twin exhausts. Obviously, it sounds different than the original two-stroke motor from the ‘70s and ‘80s. Listen to the Jawa 42 exhaust note here!
Being a retro-themed motorcycle, the Jawa 42 is offered in a unique range of colours. This includes Nebula Blue, Comet Red, Starlight Blue, Lumos Lime (shown), Halley's Teal and Galactic Green.
Booking Details & Availability
Jawa Motorcycles has already started accepting bookings for the new ‘Jawa' and Jawa 42. Bookings can be made online for an amount of Rs 5000. The motorcycles are on display at various dealerships of Mahindra Two Wheelers or exclusive Jawa outlets.
Thoughts On The New Jawa 42
The new Jawa motorcycles have become a hot topic among Indian motorcycle enthusiasts and purists, in a very short time. The Jawa 42 certainly stands out from the rest of the motorcycles in its price range, and many have already confirmed their bookings.