TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Apple iPhone XR Available Via Airtel Online Store Starting At Rs 14,999 EMI
- The Beautiful Tringalwadi Fort Is A Perfect Escape From Nashik!
- What Causes Anencephaly And What Are Its Symptoms?
- Nana Patekar: I Am Being Mentally Harassed By Tanushree Dutta, My Name Has Sufferd Incomparable Loss
- New Maruti WagonR Production Begins In India — Launch Soon
- India Vs West Indies: Virat Kohli In Line To Break These ODI Records
- 6 Pension Payment Related Bank Norms That Government Employees Should Know
Similar to the current model, the new 2018 motorcycle will be sold in India in a limited number. The bike will be brought into India as a CKD unit and assembled at the company's India plant. The total number of motorcycles entering the Indian market is yet to be confirmed.
The new 2018 Honda Africa Twin will feature certain prominent changes. These include a brand new instrument cluster, which has also been relocated. The shift in the position of the instrument display is mainly to help provide a better viewing angle for the rider while standing on the footpegs.
Other standard features as seen on the current model include LED headlamps, tail lights and turn indicators. The motorcycles also feature Honda's Selectable Torque Control, ABS, a Unique Incline Detection feature and a ‘G-Switch' which improves traction through all modes while off-roading.
The new Africa Twin though will carry forward the same 998cc, parallel twin engine as seen on the current model on sale in India. However, the motorcycle will receive a longer airbox as well as a lighter balancer shaft. The engine will also be re-tuned to provide better power and torque figures.
The current model produces 87bhp and 92Nm of torque. The engine will be mated to the Dual-Clutch Transmission (DCT).
The motorcycle will come with four-riding modes and a seven-stage traction control system. The new model is said to ride on Bridgestone tyres, while braking is handled by dual 310mm discs at the front and a single 256mm rear disc.
The riding-modes on the Adventure motorcycle include Driving (D), Neutral (N), Sport (S) and a Manual-mode. On the manual mode, the rider can manually shift gears using shift selector switches on the left handlebar. The Sport (S) mode further has three progressively sporty shift options of S1, S2 and S3.
Thoughts On The New Honda Africa Twin 2018
Honda received a good response for the current model, selling 50 units in the first two months since its launch. The current model is priced at Rs 13.06 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The New 2018 model is expected to come with a slight increase in its pricing in India.