TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
Honda Motorcycles India (HMSI) has started accepting bookings for the 2018 Honda Africa Twin. Since the motorcycle will be sold in only limited numbers in India, Honda will accept bookings for just the first 50 customers.
The updated 2018 version of the Honda Africa Twin is priced at Rs 13.23 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The motorcycle can be booked in any one of the 22 ‘Honda Wing World' dealerships present in India. Few of the lucky customers will also get the chance to watch a MotoGP race live.
Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Senior VP, Sales & Marketing, HMSI, said, "The eagerly awaited 2018 Africa Twin is now ready to delight adventure enthusiasts in India. Offering new additional value, it offers several comprehensive updates."
"There is nothing to hold back an enthusiast on the Africa Twin, as it's the most reliable, versatile and proven adventure touring motorcycle."
The 2018 Honda Africa Twin comes with a few minor updates. The adventure motorcycle offering from the company gets a new lithium-ion battery. This new battery helps reduce the overall weight of the motorcycle by 2.3kg.
Features on the 2018 Honda Africa Twin: brand new instrument cluster, LED on the headlamps, tail lights and the turn indicators and the Throttle-by-Wire (TBW).
Other features on the adventure motorcycle include four-riding modes, seven-stage traction control system, Honda's selectable Torque control, unique incline detection system, ABS and a ‘G-Switch' improving traction across all modes while off-roading.
The 2018 Honda Africa Twin continues to use the same 998cc, parallel-twin engine. This engine produces 87bhp and 92Nm of torque, mated to a Dual-Clutch Transmission (DCT).
Thoughts On The 2018 Honda Africa Twin Bookings
The 2018 Honda Africa Twin will be brought to India as a CKD unit. Initially, Honda will accept bookings for just the first 50 customers in India. In India, the motorcycle will only be available in the GP Red colour scheme.
The updated Africa Twin Adventure motorcycle in India rivals bikes such as the Triumph Tiger, Ducati Multistrada 950 and the BMW R1200GS.