TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rafale Verdict: Centre Moves SC; Seeks Correction On References To CAG Report
- WhatsApp Android Stable Version Gets PIP Mode For Videos
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India Post Enters E-Commerce Delivery Business
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Kohli And Rahane Keeps India Steady
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
Hero Electric, the leading electric two-wheeler manufacturer in the country, will be launching a new high-speed e-scooter soon. The new product will focus on both performance and range.
One of the main reasons why the wider mass prefers fossil fuel-based scooters over electric ones, is the lack of performance in EVs. While nobody expects outright performance figures in a scooter, e-scooters with a top speed of less than 50 km/h are just not desirable.
The new Hero Electric scooter, codenamed AXHLE-20, will be the top-of-the-line offering in the brand's product portfolio. It will belong to a segment named ‘High Speed series'.
High Speed series currently comprises of three Hero Electric scooters: Nyx, Photon and Photon 72V. The AXHLE-20 will be the costliest one of the lot.
According to BikeWale, the AXHLE-20 will be powered by a 4kW motor (8bhp) which can propel it to speeds up to 85km/h; a rather decent figure. Reports also suggest that the AXHLE-20 will have a range of 110kms on a single charge.
The Hero e-scooter will feature mobile connectivity via Bluetooth. The instrument console supports smartphone integration via a dedicated mobile app.
The AXLHE-20 was unveiled earlier this year, in camouflage. The scooter is expected to have regenerative braking; one of the reasons for its claimed range. The battery pack takes less than four hours to be fully-charged.
Hero Electric has invested a lot in their R&D department. This means that we can expect some good emission-free two-wheeler offerings in the near future.
Thoughts On The New Hero Electric AXLHE-20
It is high time that electric scooter manufacturers made decently-performing products to boost sales. Most of the current electric scooters lack sufficient performance to attract a wider customer base. The upcoming Hero Electric AXLHE-20 could change this!