- 2 hrs ago TVS Apache RR 310 Launched In India With Slipper Clutch — Priced At Rs 2.27 Lakh
- 2 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Fuels Price Wars — Tata, Ford, And Maruti Offer Discounts
- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Could Offer The Verna & Elite i20 With A New Engine — Part Of Upcoming BS-VI Plans
- 6 hrs ago Tata Motors Discontinue Certain Variants Of Safari, Zest And Bolt Models In India
- Movies These Sensual Pictures Of Kamali Actress Amulya Gowda Will Leave You Stunned! MUST SEE
- News 76 of the 147 MLAs in new Odisha assembly are crorepatis
- Lifestyle Why Is Personal Hygiene Important And Tips To Improve It
- Technology Everything you should know about Nokia and Netplus deal
- Sports World Cup 2019: Rohit Sharma gets candid as he reveals worst dancer, worst roommate in Team India
- Finance Sensex, Nifty Close At New Highs
- Education MBOSE Result 2019: Direct Link To Check SSLC & HSSLC Result 2019
- Travel Karighatta Hill: Abode Of Tranquility And Adventure
Hero Electric, the leading electric two-wheeler manufacturer in the country, will be launching a new high-speed e-scooter soon. The new product will focus on both performance and range.
One of the main reasons why the wider mass prefers fossil fuel-based scooters over electric ones, is the lack of performance in EVs. While nobody expects outright performance figures in a scooter, e-scooters with a top speed of less than 50 km/h are just not desirable.
The new Hero Electric scooter, codenamed AXHLE-20, will be the top-of-the-line offering in the brand's product portfolio. It will belong to a segment named ‘High Speed series'.
High Speed series currently comprises of three Hero Electric scooters: Nyx, Photon and Photon 72V. The AXHLE-20 will be the costliest one of the lot.
According to BikeWale, the AXHLE-20 will be powered by a 4kW motor (8bhp) which can propel it to speeds up to 85km/h; a rather decent figure. Reports also suggest that the AXHLE-20 will have a range of 110kms on a single charge.
The Hero e-scooter will feature mobile connectivity via Bluetooth. The instrument console supports smartphone integration via a dedicated mobile app.
The AXLHE-20 was unveiled earlier this year, in camouflage. The scooter is expected to have regenerative braking; one of the reasons for its claimed range. The battery pack takes less than four hours to be fully-charged.
Hero Electric has invested a lot in their R&D department. This means that we can expect some good emission-free two-wheeler offerings in the near future.
Thoughts On The New Hero Electric AXLHE-20
It is high time that electric scooter manufacturers made decently-performing products to boost sales. Most of the current electric scooters lack sufficient performance to attract a wider customer base. The upcoming Hero Electric AXLHE-20 could change this!