- 4 hrs ago 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon To Be Called Moab In India
- 5 hrs ago 45 At An Auction And Everything Else — A List Of Motorcycles That Could Have Been
- 6 hrs ago Ducati Panigale V4 25 Anniversario 916 Launched In India — Priced At Rs 54.90 Lakh
- 6 hrs ago Ford Teams Up With Volkswagen For EVs By 2023 — Ford To Use VWs MEB Platform
- News Amid political drama, Roshan Baig detained in IMA money laundering case
- Movies Happy Birthday Katrina Kaif: 5 Times The Diva Won Our Hearts With Her Take On Love & Relationships!
- Finance June Trade Deficit Narrows To $15.28 Billion; Exports Fall
- Sports MS Dhoni could be axed from Team India if he doesn't retire; Virat Kohli's captaincy to be reviewed: Reports
- Technology Realme X Review: New Benchmark To Beat In Sub 20K Price-Point
- Lifestyle Guru Purnima 2019: Messages And Quotes To Wish Your Guru
- Education ICAR AIEEA Result 2019 Likely To Be Released On This Date
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Hero MotoCorp is the largest selling two-wheeler manufacturer in the country. They are set to launch the new Hero Duet 125 into the 125cc segment. This news got confirmed when Hero teased the upcoming Duet 125 on social media.
The Duet 125 made its public debut alongside the Maestro 125 at the Auto Expo this year. On the design front, the scooter remains similar to the 110cc variant. Moreover, it gets chrome garnishing on its fascia that adds a premium touch to it.
The new Duet 125 gets an analogue speedometer. Besides that, it gets a small digital screen which displays odometer, fuel level, trip meter and service due indicator. The scooter is expected to carry a price tag of Rs 58,000 (ex-showroom).
The Hero Duet 125 is designed to target the younger buyers. Also, it is a more powerful version of Duet 110. The scooter weighs a 113 kg and has a maximum payload capacity of 130 kg.
Powering the scooter is a 124.6cc, single-cylinder, air-cooled, four-stroke engine. It also features Hero's i3S idle start-stop technology. The engine churns out a maximum power of 8.7bhp and a peak torque of 10.2Nm. It comes mated to a Variomatic Drive CVT automatic.
Let's talk a bit about the Hero's i3S technology. This start-stop system switches off the engine automatically when the vehicle is in idle for more than a few seconds. The engine comes back to life when it registers a throttle input. This fuel-saving feature is not there on any of its rivals.
The Hero Duet 125 measures 1,830mm in length, 726mm in width, and 1,155mm in height. The scooter has a wheelbase of 1,245mm. Moreover, it has a ground clearance of 155 mm which is pretty good.
It also features telescopic front forks and a single coil spring-type hydraulic shock at the rear. The scooter gets 130mm drum brakes at the front and rear wheels along with an Integrated Braking System. The scooter sits on 90/100-10 section tubeless tires at the front and rear.
The Hero Duet features - an LED tail lamp, external fuel filling cap, under seat storage compartment light and body-coloured rear view mirror. It will also come with a mobile charging port which is pretty handy.
Once launched, the Duet 125 will lock horns with the TVS Ntorq 125, Suzuki Burgman Street 125, Suzuki Access 125, and Aprilia SR 125.
Thoughts On The New Hero Duet 125
The upcoming Hero Duet 125 will target the young buyers. It will be an entry-level premium scooter and a buffed up version of the Duet 110. The brand new 125cc i3S engine will be a boon and very fuel efficient.
So what is your take on the new Duet 125?