TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja To Hit Tamil Nadu Tonight: State On High Alert; Schools Shut
- New Jawa, Jawa 42 And Perak Motorcycles Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 1.55 Lakh
- Jio GigaFiber: How To Register For Reliance FTTH Broadband Connection
- Inside Details About DeepVeer's Konkani-Brahmin Wedding
- Virat Kohli Vows To Give It Back If Aussies Are Aggressive
- Shraddha Kapoor Gave Us One More Cute Fashion Goal With This Floral Summery Dress
- Health Insurance Major Revamp Plan To Serve Customers Better: Here’s How
- All About The Lost Town Of Poompuhar In Tamil Nadu
German motorcycle manufacturer BMW Motorrad is gearing up for the unveiling of the new 2019 S1000RR at the 2018 EICMA motorcycle show in Italy later this year. Ahead of that, motorcycle.com has got hold of the leaked images which reveals the design of the 2019 BMW S1000RR.
On the design front, the 2019 BMW S1000RR gets a new headlamp design and the asymmetrical headlights are gone. The 2019 model will feature dual projector LED headlights and RAM air intake is situated between the lights. The overall design of the fairing remains the same as the outgoing model.
The major update on the 2019 BMW S1000RR is the new engine. Yes, the engine on the 2019 model looks completely new and might feature a counter-rotating crankshaft. If the reports are to be believed, the engine will borrow some components from the race-spec BMW HP4 Race and the 2019 S1000RR will be more powerful than the current model.
The 2019 avatar of the BMW S1000RR will feature a revamped chassis which is based on the twin-spar aluminium design and trellis rear subframe. The 2019 edition of the superbike will offer better acceleration, handling with the new engine and updated frame.
The new BMW S1000RR will also get new features in the form of a colour TFT instrument cluster. The bike will also feature a host of rider electronic aids and multiple riding modes. Overall, the design of the 2019 S1000RR is more compact and it will be suited for track riding.
The currently sold BMW S1000RR draws power from a 999c in-line, four-cylinder engine that produces 195.7bhp and 113Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 6-speed gearbox. The performance of the 2019 S1000RR will be superior as compared to the current model.
Thoughts On The 2019 BMW S1000RR
The overall design of the 2019 BMW S1000RR is compact and the biggest change comes in the form of new headlights. The design looks clean with the departure of the asymmetrical headlamps. But the biggest change will be done under the skin as the bike will get a new engine. Expect the 2019 BMW S1000R to be revealed at the 2018 EICMA motorcycle show in November 2018.