- 4 hrs ago Renault Expands Dealer Network Across India: Crosses 475 Service Touchpoints
- 5 hrs ago Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Launch Date Officially Revealed: Arriving Next Month
- 5 hrs ago Jeep Compass 7-Seater SUV Spied Testing In India: Will Rival The Toyota Fortuner
- 6 hrs ago TVS Apache RTR 200 4V Prices Increased: New Price List & Festive Offers
- Movies The Makers Of Mirzapur 2 Share An Interesting Story On The Conception Of ‘Kaleen Bhaiya’
- Sports IPL 2020: Delhi Capitals' Kagiso Rabada invokes Nelson Mandela, emphasises on fighting for the right causes
- Lifestyle Home Remedies For Heartburn During Pregnancy
- Finance Payment System Operators Required To Shift To Interoperable QR Codes By March 2022
- News Modi to inaugurate key Gujarat projects on Saturday
- Technology BSNL Revises Rs. 135 Prepaid Voucher; Offering 1440 Minutes For Calling
- Travel Budget Friendly Indian destinations To Visit In November
- Education AICTE Academic Calendar 2020-21: Check AICTE Calendar 2020-21 Notice And Schedule
German motorcycle manufacturer BMW Motorrad is gearing up for the unveiling of the new 2019 S1000RR at the 2018 EICMA motorcycle show in Italy later this year. Ahead of that, motorcycle.com has got hold of the leaked images which reveals the design of the 2019 BMW S1000RR.
On the design front, the 2019 BMW S1000RR gets a new headlamp design and the asymmetrical headlights are gone. The 2019 model will feature dual projector LED headlights and RAM air intake is situated between the lights. The overall design of the fairing remains the same as the outgoing model.
The major update on the 2019 BMW S1000RR is the new engine. Yes, the engine on the 2019 model looks completely new and might feature a counter-rotating crankshaft. If the reports are to be believed, the engine will borrow some components from the race-spec BMW HP4 Race and the 2019 S1000RR will be more powerful than the current model.
The 2019 avatar of the BMW S1000RR will feature a revamped chassis which is based on the twin-spar aluminium design and trellis rear subframe. The 2019 edition of the superbike will offer better acceleration, handling with the new engine and updated frame.
The new BMW S1000RR will also get new features in the form of a colour TFT instrument cluster. The bike will also feature a host of rider electronic aids and multiple riding modes. Overall, the design of the 2019 S1000RR is more compact and it will be suited for track riding.
The currently sold BMW S1000RR draws power from a 999c in-line, four-cylinder engine that produces 195.7bhp and 113Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 6-speed gearbox. The performance of the 2019 S1000RR will be superior as compared to the current model.
Thoughts On The 2019 BMW S1000RR
The overall design of the 2019 BMW S1000RR is compact and the biggest change comes in the form of new headlights. The design looks clean with the departure of the asymmetrical headlamps. But the biggest change will be done under the skin as the bike will get a new engine. Expect the 2019 BMW S1000R to be revealed at the 2018 EICMA motorcycle show in November 2018.