- 16 min ago TVS NTorq 125 Facelift With LED Headlamp & New Design Teased Through Short Video
- 1 hr ago Petrol & Diesel Prices In India To Increase Due To Drone Attacks On Saudi Arabian Oil Fields
- 1 hr ago 2020 TVS Apache RTR 200 4V Specs Leaked: Motorcycle Revised With Upgraded Electronics
- 2 hrs ago Bajaj Hikes Prices Of Its Entire Product Lineup: Prices Increased By Up To Rs 10,000
- Movies Kaappaan First Review : A Paisa Vasool Treat For Suriya Fans
- Lifestyle Skincare Routine Step 4: Essence - What Is It And How To Use It
- News Relentlessly pursuing Zakir Naik extradition: India rebuts Malaysian PM’s statement
- Technology Samsung Experience Centre Opera House Gets New IoT Zone On Its First Anniversary
- Sports Sunil Gavaskar raises funds for over 600 child heart surgeries during his USA tour
- Finance Gold And Silver Prices In India Relapse
- Education NIOS Admit Card Released For Class 10 And 12 Sep/Oct 2019 Board Exam
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
The Bajaj Pulsar range has been in India since 2001. Over the years, the Pulsar range has managed to create a brand of its own, gaining a huge popularity in the Indian motorcycle market.
However, since its introduction, the range has received little to no updates. This is about to change, as Rajiv Bajaj, Managing Director, Bajaj Auto has stated that the company will launch an all-new Pulsar range in the market soon.
The company will look to completely refresh it Pulsar line up in the country sometime in 2020. This will be after the upcoming stringent emission norms come into effect in India. Along with the Pulsar range, Bajaj will also introduce a new range of their Avengers motorcycle in India.
In an interview with Forbes India, Rajiv Bajaj, stated, "Though Pulsar has evolved nicely, it's time for a complete refresh and an all-new Pulsar. I think in 2020 when new emission norms come, that would be a great opportunity to go to market with a product that is not only much greener but also in a new avatar. We are working on that. In 2020, we should have an all-new range of Pulsars and Avengers."
The new line-up of Pulsar motorcycles once introduced in India is said to feature a new 4-valve, fuel injected engine which willcomply with the BS-VI emissions. The new engines will also offer more power along with improved refinement.
Bajaj also confirmed that the Pulsar range will be limited to 150 to 200cc motorcycles. He also stated that the range will not include or move towards commuter motorcycles.
He stated that "People would love to have a 125cc Pulsar, but for us, it won't be very attractive. So we must create different brands in that space. What's next for Pulsar, I can say that it is very well set now."
Thoughts On The Bajaj Pulsar Range In India
Bajaj Auto will stick to offering performance motorcycles at an affordable cost in the Indian market. From the comments made by Rajiv Bajaj, the company is also looking at discontinuing the LS135 offering from the Pulsar range.
Also, to offset the increased cost to comply with the new stringent emission and safety norms, we can expect the Pulsar range to come with a hefty price update in 2020.