- 1 hr ago Suzuki Confirms Gixxer 250 Naked Roadster Launch — Coming Diwali 2019
- 2 hrs ago Skoda Rapid To Feature New 1.0-Litre TSI Engine — Upgrading The Czechs
- 2 hrs ago New Hyundai Venue Compact-SUV Launched In India — Prices Start At Rs 6.50 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago Renault Reveals Official Teaser Video For The Triber — More Passion For Life Coming July 2019
- News Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray to attend Amit Shah's NDA dinner
- Sports Jofra Archer drafted into England's World Cup squad
- Movies Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Is UNAFFECTED By Vivek Oberoi's Tweet; Deepika Padukone In Awe Of Aaradhya
- Finance Rupee Seen At 67/Dollar On Modi Win
- Lifestyle Bhringraj Oil: Benefits For Hair & How To Use
- Technology Astronomers determine Planet Nine orbit; could be hiding beyond Kuiper Belt
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019: 92.47% Students Passed
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Bajaj Auto has launched the new 2018 iteration of the Avenger series in the Indian market. The new Avenger Cruise and Street 220 is priced at Rs 93,466, and the Avenger Street 150 carries a price tag of Rs 81,459. Both the prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Bajaj had recently revealed its entire 2018 lineup which also included the new Avenger Cruise and Street. Coming to the updates, both the Avenger Cruise and Street sports several cosmetic updates and gets new features to take on its modern rivals. The prominent change comes in the form of the newly designed headlamp.
The 2018 Avenger 220 Cruise features a newly designed classic headlamp with integrated LED DRLs. The overall design remains the same except for slightly tweaked side panels. The front end also gets a revamped tall windscreen fixed to the chrome bracket. The Cruise variant features a pillion backrest.
The Avenger insignia is now larger and the motorcycle gets new decals. Another prominent highlight of the 2018 Avenger is the all-new digital instrument cluster. Both the Cruise and Street gets the same modern-looking cluster with Blue and Orange backlit respectively. The instrument cluster also features a cowl to protect from direct sunlight.
The 2018 Bajaj Avenger 220 Cruise is shod with spoke wheels and features a newly designed seat with different textures. The cruiser is equipped with wide highway comfort handlebars. The new Cruise variant of the Avenger 220 is available in two new colour options: Auburn Black and Moon White.
On the other hand, the Avenger Street 220 and 150 gets a slightly different roadster design headlamp with LED DRLs. It misses out on the tall windscreen but gets a smaller cowl. The Street variant is equipped with a smaller handlebar, alloy wheels and a new grab rail.
The Bajaj Avenger Street 220 and 150 gets different decals similar to the Bajaj V series. The tail light is also new with a sleek design. The Avenger Street 220 is available in two colour options: Matte Black and Matte White. The Avenger Street 150 is offered with Midnight Blue paint scheme.
The Avenger Cruise/Street 220 draws power from the same 220cc twin-spark, oil-cooled engine producing 18.7bhp and 17.5Nm of torque. The Avenger Street 150 is powered by the existing 150cc air-cooled engine producing 14.34bhp and 12.5Nm of torque. There are no mechanical changes done to the new 2018 Avenger series.
The 2018 Avenger 220 Cruise/Street is equipped with 260mm disc brake at the front and 130mm drum brake at the rear. The Avenger 150 also features the same setup but with a smaller 240mm disc brake on the front wheel. Bajaj has not offered ABS, even as an option.
The new 2018 Bajaj Avenger series features a new look, thanks to the new modern classic headlamp and digital instrument cluster. The Avenger 220 and 150 will rival the recently launched Suzuki Intruder 150. Even though the Avenger 220 gets a bigger engine, it still undercuts the price of its Japanese rival.