- 2 hrs ago Odd-Even Rule Returns To Delhi In November: We Have All The Details
- 3 hrs ago TVS Riding Gear & Causal Apparel Launched In India: We Have All The Details
- 5 hrs ago Mahindra XUV500 BS-VI Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch Next Year: Spy Pics & Details
- 7 hrs ago KTM Duke 250 Finance Options On Offer: Low Interest Rate & Exchange Bonus Offered Across India
- Technology ZTE Blade A7s, ZTE Blade 20 Smart Xiaoxin Edition Unveiled: Price, Specs And More
- News Appeal to Imran Khan to withdraw fee of Rs 1,400 from Kartarpur pilgrims: Punjab CM
- Sports India Vs South Africa: Local boy Shahbaz Nadeem replaces injured Kuldeep Yadav for Ranchi Test
- Movies Gauri Khan Designed Shah Rukh Khan’s Jeans In Baazigar; SRK Says Those Jeans ‘Were A Riot'!
- Lifestyle Diwali 2019: What Are Green Crackers And Why You Should Be Using Them
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
- Travel Simple Tips & Tricks For Booking Cheap Flight Tickets In India
- Finance Rules On Vehicle Insurance Claims On Driving Under The Influence Of Alcohol
Italian two-wheeler manufacturer Aprilia launched the updated SR 150 and the SR 150 Race in the Indian market. Now, Autocar India reports that Aprilia is developing an all-new scooter specifically for India. In total, there will be two scooter launches from Aprilia in 2019.
The first scooter will be the Aprilia Storm 125 which was showcased at the Auto Expo 2018. The Aprilia Storm was expected to be launched this year, but it has been postponed to the first quarter of 2019. The second scooter will be an all-new product for the Indian market.
The report states that the all-new Aprilia scooter will feature a new chassis and the engine will be borrowed from the current scooters. The new chassis might do away with the bigger 14-inch wheels as it will significantly increase the cost of the product. But the 14-inch wheels offer superior handling and dynamics.
The upcoming new Aprilia scooter is expected to be fitted with 12-inch wheels and it will be an affordable product as compared to the current lineup. The new scooter is likely to be more practical and will be a mass-market product with generous under seat storage space and a comfortable ride quality.
With the success of the 125cc scooters such as the TVS Ntorq and the Honda Grazia, Aprilia might be developing another 125cc scooter to capture the mass-market segment. But the overall design of the scooter should be funky and stay true to Aprilia's standards.
Thoughts On The New Aprilia Scooter
The 125cc scooter segment has seen a rapid growth in the Indian market. With the success of the scooters such as Honda Grazia, TVS Ntorq and the Suzuki Burgman Street, Aprilia is also developing an all-new product for the Indian market. The new Aprilia scooter will be launched in 2019 and it should be an affordable product as compared to the Aprilia SR 150 and SR 125.