TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- ISIS Co-Conspirator From Tamil Nadu Arrested
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro With Triple Cameras Vs Other High-End Triple And Dual Camera Smartphones
- Mount Harriet National Park Showcases The Richly Diverse Wildlife Of The North Andaman
- Remove Dark Circles With Mint Leaves
- Nana Patekar Will Soon Be In Jail For Harassing Tanushree Dutta, Says Lawyer Nitin Satpute
- New Hyundai Santro First Look Review — The Return Of The Legend
- ISL: FCG Vs MCFC: Preview, Timing, Live Streaming: Goa Keen To Set Record Straight Against Mumbai
- Cases When Insurance Nominee May Not Get Proceeds: All You Should Know
Italian two-wheeler manufacturer Aprilia launched the updated SR 150 and the SR 150 Race in the Indian market. Now, Autocar India reports that Aprilia is developing an all-new scooter specifically for India. In total, there will be two scooter launches from Aprilia in 2019.
The first scooter will be the Aprilia Storm 125 which was showcased at the Auto Expo 2018. The Aprilia Storm was expected to be launched this year, but it has been postponed to the first quarter of 2019. The second scooter will be an all-new product for the Indian market.
The report states that the all-new Aprilia scooter will feature a new chassis and the engine will be borrowed from the current scooters. The new chassis might do away with the bigger 14-inch wheels as it will significantly increase the cost of the product. But the 14-inch wheels offer superior handling and dynamics.
The upcoming new Aprilia scooter is expected to be fitted with 12-inch wheels and it will be an affordable product as compared to the current lineup. The new scooter is likely to be more practical and will be a mass-market product with generous under seat storage space and a comfortable ride quality.
With the success of the 125cc scooters such as the TVS Ntorq and the Honda Grazia, Aprilia might be developing another 125cc scooter to capture the mass-market segment. But the overall design of the scooter should be funky and stay true to Aprilia's standards.
Thoughts On The New Aprilia Scooter
The 125cc scooter segment has seen a rapid growth in the Indian market. With the success of the scooters such as Honda Grazia, TVS Ntorq and the Suzuki Burgman Street, Aprilia is also developing an all-new product for the Indian market. The new Aprilia scooter will be launched in 2019 and it should be an affordable product as compared to the Aprilia SR 150 and SR 125.