- Movies De De Pyaar De Weekend Box Office Collection: Ajay Devgn's Film Earns This Much In 3 Days
- Technology How to get 1.5GB data per day for one year from Vodafone
- Finance Gold Prices Slump Amid A Stronger Rupee And Rising Equities
- News BJP delegation meets EC, demands re-poll in violence hit constituencies of WB
- Lifestyle Parents Do Not Want Their Son To Touch Himself And They Installed CCTV
- Sports MotoGP analysis: How Marquez made history for Honda in France
- Education WB Madhyamik Result 2019 Likely To Be Released on May 21
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Ducati rider Andrea Dovizioso won the first race of the 2018 MotoGP season in Qatar. Dovizioso won a thrilling race by beating reigning champion Marc Marquez by a narrow margin. Yamaha rider Valentino Rossi grabbed the final podium position.
Tech3 Yamaha rider Johann Zarco started the race in pole position and stormed into the lead in the first part of the race. But Dovizioso and Marquez managed to pass the French rider on the 18th lap. From then on the stage was set for the battle between the duo.
Marquez fought very hard to clinch the victory but could not make a move on the Italian rider. It all came down to the final corner of the race where Dovizioso managed to get good traction out of the corner. He finally managed to win the race by a tiny margin of 0.027 seconds.
Dovizioso registered his ninth MotoGP victory. Marquez fought hard for the victory but had to settle for the runner-up position. Rossi also passed Zarco to clinch the final podium position and recorded a good result in the very first race of the 2018 season.
Cal Crutchlow in his LCR Honda finished the race in the fourth position ahead of Danilo Petrucci's Pramac Ducati. Rossi's teammate Maverick Vinales managed to finish the race in a lowly sixth position ahead of Honda rider Dani Pedrosa.
Zarco who started the race in pole position slumped to the eighth spot by the end of the race. Suzuki rider Andrea Iannone and Pramac Ducati's Jack Miller rounded off the top ten finishers. The Qatar GP witnessed a thrilling race which came down to the wire to decide the winner.
DriveSpark's Thoughts On The Qatar MotoGP Race
Ducati has once again proved its mettle in the very first race of the 2018 MotoGP season. Andrea Dovizioso managed to beat Marc Marquez in a thrilling battle which came down to the last corner of the race. Valentino Rossi also showed that he can still be quick and scored a podium place.