- 34 min ago Land Rover Defender India Launch Timeline Revealed: Here Are All Details
- 3 hrs ago BMW M1000 RR Unveiled: First Motorcycle From The Brand’s M Divison
- 4 hrs ago Kia Sonet GTX+ Variant Prices Revealed: Range-Topping Petrol & Diesel Trims Offered At Rs 12.89 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago MG Motors Unveils Advanced-Features List On Upcoming Gloster SUV: Bookings Now Open
- Finance Check-In Luggage Limit To Be Reset To 15Kg After Civil Aviation Ministry Notice
- Movies Pankaj Tripathi On Star Kids Receiving Hate On Social Media: We Need To Have Empathy And Kindness
- Technology Airtel Offering Xstream Box With Its Broadband Plans: Here's How
- Sports IPL 2020: Dhoni makes sure to keep everyone accountable on the field: Shane Watson
- News Bengaluru drug case: CCB issues notice to anchor Anushree
- Lifestyle 3 Multi-Winged Eyeliner Looks That Will Make You Wonder Why Haven’t You Tried This Trend
- Travel Top 10 Places To Visit In October To Welcome The Beginning Of Winter
- Education KEAM 2020 Topper Marks And List For Engineering And Pharmacy
Ducati rider Andrea Dovizioso won the first race of the 2018 MotoGP season in Qatar. Dovizioso won a thrilling race by beating reigning champion Marc Marquez by a narrow margin. Yamaha rider Valentino Rossi grabbed the final podium position.
Tech3 Yamaha rider Johann Zarco started the race in pole position and stormed into the lead in the first part of the race. But Dovizioso and Marquez managed to pass the French rider on the 18th lap. From then on the stage was set for the battle between the duo.
Marquez fought very hard to clinch the victory but could not make a move on the Italian rider. It all came down to the final corner of the race where Dovizioso managed to get good traction out of the corner. He finally managed to win the race by a tiny margin of 0.027 seconds.
Dovizioso registered his ninth MotoGP victory. Marquez fought hard for the victory but had to settle for the runner-up position. Rossi also passed Zarco to clinch the final podium position and recorded a good result in the very first race of the 2018 season.
Cal Crutchlow in his LCR Honda finished the race in the fourth position ahead of Danilo Petrucci's Pramac Ducati. Rossi's teammate Maverick Vinales managed to finish the race in a lowly sixth position ahead of Honda rider Dani Pedrosa.
Zarco who started the race in pole position slumped to the eighth spot by the end of the race. Suzuki rider Andrea Iannone and Pramac Ducati's Jack Miller rounded off the top ten finishers. The Qatar GP witnessed a thrilling race which came down to the wire to decide the winner.
DriveSpark's Thoughts On The Qatar MotoGP Race
Ducati has once again proved its mettle in the very first race of the 2018 MotoGP season. Andrea Dovizioso managed to beat Marc Marquez in a thrilling battle which came down to the last corner of the race. Valentino Rossi also showed that he can still be quick and scored a podium place.