TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- NIA Officially Takes Over Probe Into Pulwama Terror Attack
- Schalke 2 Manchester City 3 — 10-Man Visitors Strike Late Through Sane & Sterling
- Tata 45X’s Teaser Video Out — Production-Spec Tata 45X To Be Unveiled At Geneva Motor Show
- Cobrapost Sting Operation: Sunny Leone & Sonu Sood Deny All The Allegations!
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Nutrition: Blood & Marrow Transplant
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
In a video shared by BMW Motorrad, Tom Cruise talks about his bike stunts in his latest action movie, 'Mission: Impossible – Fallout'. In the latest instalment of the iconic 'Mission: Impossible' franchise, the 56-year-old actor is seen doing a motorcycle chase sequence through the streets of Paris.
When it comes to doing stunts, Tom Cruise is quite popular in the Hollywood movie industry. In 'MI – Fallout', he has done the fast motorcycle chase scene all by himself and without any safety gear.
"We had a safety rig for this challenging shot, and that rig just didn't work. So, I said, we gotta roll, we gotta go, and we gotta shoot. I said, put the camera and get the pursuit, and I'll come around this corner as fast as this bike could possibly go." – Tom Cruise tells in the video.
The BMW R nineT has got a huge fan following among motorcycle enthusiasts. The unique retro styling, the heritage and the superior BMW Motorrad engineering are a few things which make the R nineT, stand out from the rest.
The BMW R nineT is powered by a 1170cc oil-cooled twin-cylinder boxer engine. It makes 110bhp and 116Nm of torque and is mated to a six-speed gearbox.
The motorcycle also comes with a lot of premium equipment in typical BMW Motorrad fashion. The manually-adjustable USD front forks, cast-aluminium single swingarm, 17-inch spoke wheels and the optional ASC (Automatic Stability Control) add to the list.
Braking duties are carried out by dual 320mm front discs and a 265mm rear disc. Dual-channel ABS comes as standard.
The R nineT is a favourite choice in the field of custom motorcycles. Many modify their R nineT into even-more unique and retro-inspired motorcycles. There are also many R nineT clubs across the globe.
The BMW R nineT belongs to the Heritage category of the German brand's product portfolio. India gets three variants of the motorcycles:
- R nineT – Rs 17.45 lakh
- R nineT Scrambler – Rs 15.55 lakh
- R nineT Racer – Rs 16.65 lakh
All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi)
Thoughts On The BMW R nineT Stunts In Mission Impossible: Fallout
BMW motorcycles and cars have already been a major element in previous parts of the movie. While MI – Rogue Nation featured a BMW S1000RR, MI – Ghost Protocol showcased the concept form of the BMW i8. The entire ‘Mission: Impossible' series have featured some breathtaking stunt scenes. As for MI – Fallout, the BMW R nineT chase sequence is something which most actors would pass on to their body doubles.