TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- ISIS Co-Conspirator From Tamil Nadu Arrested
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro With Triple Cameras Vs Other High-End Triple And Dual Camera Smartphones
- Mount Harriet National Park Showcases The Richly Diverse Wildlife Of The North Andaman
- Remove Dark Circles With Mint Leaves
- Nana Patekar Will Soon Be In Jail For Harassing Tanushree Dutta, Says Lawyer Nitin Satpute
- New Hyundai Santro First Look Review — The Return Of The Legend
- ISL: FCG Vs MCFC: Preview, Timing, Live Streaming: Goa Keen To Set Record Straight Against Mumbai
- Cases When Insurance Nominee May Not Get Proceeds: All You Should Know
The Mahindra Mojo UT300 was launched in India at a price of Rs 1.49 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi). The Mahindra UT300 looks identical to the original Mojo which has been now renamed as the Mojo XT300.
UT stands for 'Universal Touring' while XT stands for 'Xtreme Tourer'. The Mahindra Mojo UT300 is basically a toned-down version of the XT300, aimed to attract the wider riding community. Though both bikes look similar to each other on first glance, there are a lot of key differences. So, Mahindra Mojo UT300 vs Mahindra Mojo XT300! Here are the main changes:
The large headlamps of the Mahindra Mojo lose the eyebrow-like LED DRLs. The golden USD forks have also been replaced by a conventional unit.
The side profile of the Mahindra UT300 features no gold details like on the Mahindra XT300. All those components have been given a black theme.
The Mahindra Mojo UT300 is powered by the same 295cc single-cylinder unit as in the XT300. But, the power output is low at 22.7bhp and 25.2Nm compared to the Mahindra Mojo XT300's 25bhp and 30Nm. While the XT300 is fuel-injected, the Mahindra Mojo UT300 gets a carburetted engine.
But most importantly, the Mahindra Mojo UT300 misses out on the twin-exhaust setup of the XT300. The Mahindra UT300 makes do with a single exhaust. This might have helped the new Mahindra motorcycle to shed some weight.
Ride & Handling
The new Mahindra Mojo UT300, as told earlier, gets conventional front forks while the XT300 gets USD forks. To cut the costs even more, the UT300 is equipped with MRF Tyres. The premium Mahindra Mojo XT300 has Pirelli Diablo Rosso II tyres.
The Mahindra Mojo UT300 is priced at Rs 1.49 lakh. Till the end of March 2018, Mahindra is offering a discount of Rs 10,000 for the UT300. Hence, effectively the UT300 is priced at 1.39 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi). The price of the Mahindra Mojo XT300 remains at Rs 1.74 lakh.
Thoughts On Mahindra Mojo UT300 & Mojo XT300
The original Mahindra Mojo is a really good motorcycle which has been seriously underrated. The price of the Mojo XT300 was on the higher side when launched. The lesser UT300 packs a little less than the XT300, but is still a good option. That too, at an affordable price tag.