TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- NIA Officially Takes Over Probe Into Pulwama Terror Attack
- Schalke 2 Manchester City 3 — 10-Man Visitors Strike Late Through Sane & Sterling
- Tata 45X’s Teaser Video Out — Production-Spec Tata 45X To Be Unveiled At Geneva Motor Show
- Cobrapost Sting Operation: Sunny Leone & Sonu Sood Deny All The Allegations!
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Nutrition: Blood & Marrow Transplant
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
The iconic Italian scooter brand Lambretta celebrated its 70th anniversary in 2017. To commemorate the occasion, the company introduced the V Special models. Now, CarandBike reports that Lambretta is working on a new electric scooter which will be unveiled in 2018.
The report also states that Lambretta will launch three new models in Australia which will be followed by the new electric scooter. The Lambretta V Special is available in three variants: V50, V125 and V200. In 2019, Lambretta is also expected to launch a 400cc scooter.
The Lambretta V Special models have been designed by Austrian design firm KISKA, which also designs new KTM bikes and the Husqvarna Svartpilen and Vitpilen. The Lambretta V Special features the signature classic design with a blend of the modern touch.
The Lambretta V Special models feature steel body, fixed front fender and the iconic Lambretta badging. The Lambretta V Special models are available with three engine options: a 50cc, 125cc and 200cc. The company is also planning to launch the Lambretta GP and SX classic scooters.
The Lambretta V Special models are equipped with a host of premium features such as LED headlamp, tail lamp and turn indicators, 220mm disc brake at the front, 12-volt charging socket and telescopic forks. The 200cc variant also gets the safety net of Bosch ABS.
In India, Lambretta was assembling its scooters between the 1950s and 1990s. The scooters were assembled under the licence of Automobile Products of India (API) and then Scooters India Limited (SIL). Later, due to a financial crisis, Lambretta disappeared from the global market.
Thoughts On The Lambretta Developing Electric Scooter
Leading automakers are concentrating on the development of eco-friendly vehicles. Now, Lambretta is also working on an electric scooter which is expected to be unveiled in 2018. The Lambretta electric scooter is likely to sport the same classic design with several modern features.