TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Motorola One Power Review — A Decent Mid-Tier Smartphone
- Kerala's Beachside Of Vatakara Is Simply Mesmerising
- Are You A Foodie? — If Yes, Check Out The Oldest Food Items Eaten Around The World
- Lata Mangeshkar On #MeToo —
- 2019 Kawasaki Z650 Launched In India; Priced At Rs 5.29 Lakh
- West Indies Coach Stuart Law Suspended For Two ODIs Against India
- BNP Recruitment 2018 For 86 Vacancies
Kwang Yang Motor Co (KYMCO) is the biggest two-wheeler maker in Taiwan. Most of their scooters are a hit in south-east Asia, Europe and the United States of America.
KYMCO is also the fifth largest scooter manufacturer in the world. Moreover, this company makes engines for BMW and scooters for Kawasaki also.
Now, KYMCO has finally planned that they are going to hit the Indian shores by 2021 with their first product after waiting for nearly 20 years.
KYMCO's Chairman Allen Ko tell that Indian two-wheeler market is seeing a drastic shift towards scooters from small capacity motorcycles. Moreover, the company feels the time is now right to launch these scooters India.
The company is planning on collaborating with other Indian manufacturers and launching the product as it feels it would be safe in doing that rather than launching it independently.
The company has also planned to launch their products under its IONEX plant and has also claimed to sell almost five lack units of the EVs during the same year they launch the product.
The line-up includes 125cc offerings and even a full-size maxi-scooter with a fuel injected 125cc engine nicknamed - the X-town 125i. Also, we can expect single-cylinders - 300cc and 400cc Xcting. It also has a twin-cylinder AK550 model.
Thoughts On KYMCO Entering India
After waiting for more than two decades, the company has now planned to launch their product in the Indian market. Maybe this is the right time since EVs are the future or transportation. Plus, the company is also offering premium scooters to buys who love speed.