TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- NIA Officially Takes Over Probe Into Pulwama Terror Attack
- Schalke 2 Manchester City 3 — 10-Man Visitors Strike Late Through Sane & Sterling
- Tata 45X’s Teaser Video Out — Production-Spec Tata 45X To Be Unveiled At Geneva Motor Show
- Cobrapost Sting Operation: Sunny Leone & Sonu Sood Deny All The Allegations!
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Nutrition: Blood & Marrow Transplant
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
Locally assembled in India, the Kawasaki ZX-10R has been sold out within 15 days of its launch. Kawasaki has further instructed all its dealerships to stop accepting bookings for the litre-class motorcycle.
Kawasaki recently launched the locally-assembled ZX-10R, with an introductory price of Rs 12.8 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The litre-class superbike is imported into the country as an SKD (Semi-Knocked Down) unit.
The Kawasaki ZX-10R is the second most affordable litre-class superbike, after the Ninja 1000. The Japanese motorcycle manufacturer has received close to 100 bookings since its launch. Deliveries of the ZX-10R are yet to begin and will start in the next couple of months.
The Kawasaki ZX-10R is powered by a 998cc, in-line four-cylinder engine. It produces 197bhp and 113.4Nm of torque. The engine is further mated to a six-speed gearbox.
The Kawasaki ZX-10R will, however, will be imported to India as a single-seater. The motorcycle will be shipped with a rear cowl as standard. While the Superbike will also miss out on the rear-pillion footpegs.
This helps Kawasaki avoid the homologation requirements for the motorcycle. While also remove the need to manufacture a saree guard for the motorcycle.
However, those who opt for the pillion-seats can get the appropriate parts separately for an amount close to Rs 38,000.
The Kawasaki ZX-10R comes with a host of features and rider assists. These include traction control, multi-level power modes, launch control, ABS control, engine braking function and cornering management system.
Thoughts On The Locally- Assembled Kawasaki ZX-10R Sales
The Kawasaki ZX-10R is among the fastest litre-class superbikes, currently in the market. The ZX-10R has won a number of world Superbike championships over the years. With bookings for the superbike temporarily put on hold, we expect the motorcycle to go back on sale only after a gap of at least three months.