TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court Verdict On Rafale Deal Tomorrow
- Petrol Price Increased For The First Time In Nearly Two Months
- Hockey World Cup 2018 Quarter-Finals: India vs Netherlands — Updates
- Nissan Kicks Review — KICK-starting A New Statement Among Five-Seater SUVs
- Things To Know About The World's Quad Camera Smartphone
- Patiala — The Princely State Of Punjab
- Inside Pics From Isha's Wedding: Ash-Aaradhya Pose For A Pic
- She Sits In The Lake For The Entire Day — Here's Why!
2018 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R Bookings Open: Japanese motorcycle brand, Kawasaki has officially started accepting bookings for the 2018 Ninja ZX-10R superbike. You can now confirm your booking at any Kawasaki dealership for an amount of Rs 3 lakh.
While the brand has not officially shared any launch date for the litre-class bike, we expect it to happen by mid-July 2018. The Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R is a popular name among superbike enthusiasts all over the world.
The ZX-10R was earlier sold as a CBU (Completely-Built Unit). But the 2018 versions will be manufactured at the brand's Chakan plant in Pune, with parts imported from Japan.
This makes the new 10R, a CKD (Completely Knocked-Down) product. Being a CKD, the pricing should also come down by a good margin. We expect the motorcycle to be priced around Rs 18 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi).
The Ninja ZX-10R is powered by a 998cc liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder engine that makes 194bhp and 114Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 6-speed gearbox.
The Aluminium perimeter frame rides on 120/70 ZR17 and 190/55 ZR17, front and rear tyres, respectively. The motorcycle also gets Showa 43mm Balance Free Fork (BFF) suspension – a system used in the brand's MotoGP models.
Braking duties are done by a pair of 330mm Brembo semi-floating discs at the front. At the rear, there is a 220mm disc brake. The braking is further enhanced by KIBS (Kawasaki Intelligent anti-lock Brake System).
In addition to all this, the motorcycle gets a host of electronic aids such as:
- Sport Kawasaki Traction Control (S-KTRC)
- Kawasaki Launch Control Model (KLCM)
- Kawasaki Engine Braking Control (KEBC)
- Kawasaki Quick Shifter (KQS); only for upshifts
- Kawasaki Corner Management Function (KCMF)
- Bosch Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU)
There is also a choice of power modes for the 2018 ZX-10R. You can choose between ‘Full', ‘Middle' or ‘Low' mode which gives 100%, 80% or 60% power output, respectively.
In the global markets, there are three variants of the Ninja ZX-10R; each having a different paint scheme: ZX-10R ABS (Satin Silver), ZX-10R SE (Black) and ZX-10R KRT Edition (Green).
Thoughts On The 2018 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R
The Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R, or popularly known as the 10R, is one of the icons among modern superbikes. The motorcycle has got everything from the looks, to sound, and of course, outright performance. With the launch nearing soon, would you choose the 10R over the BMW S1000RR, Yamaha YZF-R1 or the Honda CBR1000RR?