TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
The Kawasaki Ninja 300 first went on sales in India back in 2013. The company recently launched the Ninja 400, which was expected to replace the smaller displacement motorcycle. However, the company has decided to sell both the motorcycles in India.
Currently, the Kawasaki Ninja 300 is priced at Rs 3.6 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). Once the local production begins, the company hopes to bring down the prices of the Ninja 300.
Prices are expected to fall significantly. This will allow the Ninja 300 to compete with the likes of the KTM RC390 and even the TVS Apache RR310 in India.
According to reports, the Ninja 300 could be priced at around Rs 2.5 to 2.7 lakh range. Allowing the company to completely change the positioning of the motorcycle in the Indian market.
The Kawasaki Ninja is powered by 296cc parallel-twin engine. It produces 39bhp and 27Nm of torque. The engine is further mated to a six-speed gearbox.
The Kawasaki Ninja 300 still misses out on ABS. However, the motorcycle is expected to receive the ABS at a later stage.
The Ninja 300 could be re-launched sometime before the festive season with the localised parts. The introduction of localised part production on the Ninja 300 would also help bring down the cost of the spares. This would make the Ninja 300 easier to maintain as well.
Thoughts On The Kawasaki Ninja 300
The Kawasaki Ninja 300 is one of the oldest 300cc motorcycle offerings in the segment. The motorcycle takes on rivals such as the KTM RC390, TVS Apache RR310 and the upcoming BMW G 310R.